Neptune Aquatics

Changing DI resin

svreef

Webmaster
BOD
Every time I do this, I end up spilling a lot of water because the canisters are full. My DI stages are isolated from the others by a valve. So, I close the valve - which means no more water flowing in. Then I open the solenoid at the end to relieve pressure and I open the canisters, making a big mess.

What if I could somehow blow in air to empty out the canisters, or at least get rid of some of the water before I open them? Would this work? What could I use? A bicycle pump? Could I instead pump water out? How?

You don't have this issue with carbon or sediment filter stages? Could you just unscrew the canister over a narrow container? I guess I am lucky I placed my unit near a sink so I can use that, but I don't really recall having water spills that a towel cannot handle.

Yeah, it’s not a big mess, but it’s definitely avoidable.

It’s just two of these in series. Anion, cation x 2 and mixed.

2D33D3BC-3892-44A5-BD76-3F76583FFF91.jpeg

Not exactly why you are asking for, but here’s a tip-

Right after you unscrew a canister, lift out the part that holds the resin a little, like a couple inches. Then you can move the canister plus inner part to the sink without the canister being full to the brim with water (and so avoid spilling more).

Not exactly why you are asking for, but here’s a tip-

Right after you unscrew a canister, lift out the part that holds the resin a little, like a couple inches. Then you can move the canister plus inner part to the sink without the canister being full to the brim with water (and so avoid spilling more).
I usually spill before I get to this point.

Back