Reef nutrition

Co2 scrubber folks

PRS is about to release this reactor. For reefers who ise co2 scrubber this reactor is killer.
It monitor co2 and turn on off the reactor based on the programed level to save on your co2 scrubber media.
PRS is Japanese company that specialize in robotics and precision equipments. I got from them auto zeo reactor and using it for 5 years. Solid builds and quality.
I also have their flow meter which is one of the best stand along flow meters i have even seen..
Annoying they start with Japanese manuals then do English version but it never bothered me.
Am getting this for sure.

So would this really be better than using a solenoid that opens and closes based on pH? It could be a T fitting that goes to the skimmer with a solenoid that stops pulling air though the media when the pH is in range. I would think that if the goal of the scrubber is to increase pH then shouldn’t that be used to control the scrubber? Or is there an optimal co2 level for the media

So would this really be better than using a solenoid that opens and closes based on pH? It could be a T fitting that goes to the skimmer with a solenoid that stops pulling air though the media when the pH is in range. I would think that if the goal of the scrubber is to increase pH then shouldn’t that be used to control the scrubber? Or is there an optimal co2 level for the media
Still to be see. I need to understand how it work exactly.
I would say this, my personal believe is,, just depending on ph is not the most optimum.
Ph probs are awful
Ph level is debatable. What level u want to judge on?
Oh naturally vary over the day, but vo4ap grow during photo period. So now, do you bump ph at night? Would that be more efficient for coral growth? Woild you constantly bump ph?...ect.
Thats why for me, when I use co2 media I hook it up 24/7 cause I never got sold on this theme of based on the ph turn on off solniod..
I will learn more about how this reactor work and will report

Interesting, seems to revolve around monitoring CO2 instead of pH but pretty much similar to the other CO2 absorbing media out there like the stuff BRS is out there.

That said, both probably have merits, if pH is low due to something other than CO2 from the air then both are more or less useless.

Interesting, seems to revolve around monitoring CO2 instead of pH but pretty much similar to the other CO2 absorbing media out there like the stuff BRS is out there.

That said, both probably have merits, if pH is low due to something other than CO2 from the air then both are more or less useless.
Love your conclusions lol..

Co2 scrubber media could be a good candidate for a club group buy! A dry good we almost all use. I’m not using any now so if someone else thinks it’s a good idea be the champion to do it!

Co2 scrubber media could be a good candidate for a club group buy! A dry good we almost all use. I’m not using any now so if someone else thinks it’s a good idea be the champion to do it!
I'd be interested. Been thinking of setting up a reactor to mess with. Only issue is buying in bulk and splitting up, we need to make sure the repackaging is adequate to keep it fresh.

I would jump on that. Unless if it's the brs media, that media is garbage. It restrict the air flow of the skimmer cause its way too broken apart, it doesn't change color, and it deplet quick.
I use 2 little fishes their media is awesome!

I'd be interested. Been thinking of setting up a reactor to mess with. Only issue is buying in bulk and splitting up, we need to make sure the repackaging is adequate to keep it fresh.
Good point. I’d guess someone has a vacuum sealer, although I’m not sure how large the bags are. I think some of them are just large sheets that can be heat sealed to be whatever size is required so that could work. Maybe whoever bags the orders gets their media free or somewhat subsidized for helping out.

@ofzakaria I agree, TLF would be a good choice

Good point. I’d guess someone has a vacuum sealer, although I’m not sure how large the bags are. I think some of them are just large sheets that can be heat sealed to be whatever size is required so that could work. Maybe whoever bags the orders gets their media free or somewhat subsidized for helping out.

@ofzakaria I agree, TLF would be a good choice
The 2 little fishes come in small buckets perfect for distribution.

let me check with Rob from neptune if he can help us out again with a good bulk buy.
@max_nano since this is your idea why do not you creat a thread snd lets see if there is interst. For sure I can split a buy with any number of ppl and willing to buy the lion share to make volume worth for a discount.
You and me can coordinate this, I can take care of the payment in advance like what I did with the salt buy.

bringing this thread back.
This is not about the media, what is being released is the reactor which I think is ground breaking if it work in a way that make sense.
This is nothint like brs or anything else out there. Brs has only media, media that sucks if i may add. They used to carry good media now its pure garbage...
all these funky diy's out there, while BRS did not invent them rather reported them from forums, I never got sold on cause they all had issues from fear of dosing media back to your system to restricting the skimmer airflow and impacting its performance..
What am appreciating here is the single solution with digital smart control. Again assuming the theory of operation make sense.
This company is super conservative and do not release unless thwy beat the hell out of quality..typical japanese company
This is for you @sfsuphysics ;)

Last edited:
I would be down for a CO2 media group buy as well.
Agreed that TLF > BRS media.

Would be cool to see if this reactor is more efficient than the current CO2 scrubbers.

I would be down for a CO2 media group buy as well.
Agreed that TLF > BRS media.

Would be cool to see if this reactor is more efficient than the current CO2 scrubbers.
Again what they are releasing is not media. Its a reactor that you can use with any media. The reactor will operate on off based on the co2 condition which in theory should save and prolong the media life..make sense?

Makes sense, that's why I said it would be cool to see if the reactor is more efficient (not media).
Will get the insight and for sure am buying one. Then I'll share experience.
I tried multiple co2 acrubber solutions and media. At the moment the best reactor I have seen is the pacific sun.
Best media is pacific sun then TLF
BRS reactor is not good, it does restrict the air flow of the skimmer and with a massive skimmer like bubble kind you see the diffrence clear as day. Pairing brs reactor with theor media was the worst performance wise both on the skimmer snd the media life/consumption/ph performance

Back