Reef nutrition

CO2 Scrubber

svreef

Webmaster
BOD
My BRS CO2 scrubber just arrived and I got it all setup but I’m doubting the connection to the skimmer. Should the air hose running from the scrubber to the skimmer be connected to the scrubber’s “in” or “out” barb? Does it matter? It’s not mentioned in the instructions.

Out if I understand correctly. Some people connect the in to a tube that draws air from the skimmer collection cup so it’s humid I think.
I think it also is air with already lowered CO2 so it’s efficient both for being humid and lower co2 at the input. I believe you might find a thread which goes into more detail in the DIY forum

I think I’ll run it as is to get a sense for the pH bump as well as the longevity of the media in my situation. Call it a baseline. Then, I’ll explore those mods. Thanks for pointing me to that thread.

This was precipitated by our evacuation. While the house was empty, the pH rose and Alk consumption shot up.

I wonder if an airline snaked out a window (or vent or something) might work as well (I mean not now with all the smoke and ash outside!)

V

Back