Jestersix

Code BROWN

Matthew Meyer

Supporting Member
So, i just noticed that there has been a massive pileup of poop in multiple areas of my tank like this. I have never experienced this before. It is everywhere, from one little fish over a month! It is my fault for not having a CUC until about a week ago, but is this going to turn into an amonia or Nitrate spike? I am a bit worried. Now I have 2 fish.
20220705_125841.jpg
20220705_125835.jpg
20220705_130707.jpg

So, i just noticed that there has been a massive pileup of poop in multiple areas of my tank like this. I have never experienced this before. It is everywhere, from one little fish over a month! It is my fault for not having a CUC until about a week ago, but is this going to turn into an amonia or Nitrate spike? I am a bit worried. Now I have 2 fish.
View attachment 39968View attachment 39969View attachment 39970

How many snails did you add? Snail poop can gather quite quickly if you have a lot of snails or a lot of food the snails like.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned yet - I always consider poop piles a good sign that my tank doesn't have enough flow, and poop is gathering in dead spots. Most poop (not all, obvi) should get swept up in the current and sent to the sump. The fact you've got poop piled that high seems to indicate there ain't a lot of water movement. My 2c!

One thing that hasn't been mentioned yet - I always consider poop piles a good sign that my tank doesn't have enough flow, and poop is gathering in dead spots. Most poop (not all, obvi) should get swept up in the current and sent to the sump. The fact you've got poop piled that high seems to indicate there ain't a lot of water movement. My 2c!
This is a correct assessment I think.

@Srt4do you still have a vortech pump for sale?

Back