Cali Kid Corals

Confirmed - Monterey Bay Aquarium Tour - Sat June 16th 1:30pm for tour - pics added

Apon

Supporting Member
As some of you know I used to Volunteer at the Steinhart Aquarium under Matt Wandell. well he has moved to the Monterey Bay Aquarium Staff and I have reached out to him to try to do a behind the scenes tour.

Although this is NOT an official BAR Event - I want to open it to around 15 current supporting 2018 BAR Members (unless you know me you can PM me).... I will try priority RSVP will go to paying members. If you are not a paying member you can still sign up, but ones that are will get first spots. Final decision will be made by me.

Again - This is NOT a club sponsored event, I am not using any Club Funds for this, I am not on the BOD, just setting up a tour with old boss and inviting a few of you who may want to join - so all complaints/questions go to me, not the club. Bribes such as food or coral maybe accepted :D

Please respond with this format...you guys know from before : )

What usually happens is we have to get our own Tickets and we meet inside somewhere. If anyone have access to discount Tickets let me know. Maybe we can work out car pools too.

More details later.

Update 6-1 see last post in thread

Last edited:
I’d like to be included in for this one. Are our families invited for the tour as well? Or is this an invite for a party of one?

Thanks for setting this up Arnold!

Please fill out the data for me as shown above. How many people in your family - I need to check? Maybe right that in (x)

Like this - 1. Arnold Pon / Apon / Maybe from SF (Not sure yet) (1)

Have to check with a friend/coworker of mine to see when her move date is to Santa Cruz since a couple of us volunteered to help. Tentative yes for now until I can confirm.

Real Name / BAR handle/Location if you are open for carpooling.
1. Arnold Pon / Apon / Maybe from SF (Not sure yet)
2. Randy Chan / RandyC / No / (2 adults + 2 kids)

I’m interested!

John / JVU / open to carpool but don’t need to (from Walnut Creek) (1, possibly 2)

Interested!

Matt Yeow/Mozby/Union City (carpool depends on if my family is coming along)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depending upon the day...
Mike/SFSUphysics/No/(2 adults + toddler)

edit: Dayam... it got expensive, $50 for adults, $30 for kids 3-12, $40 for students.

I'm still in though, my wife says she might know a guy who had something fall off the back of a truck :D

Last edited:
Real Name / BAR handle/Location if you are open for carpooling.
1. Arnold Pon / Apon / Maybe from SF (Not sure yet)
2. Randy Chan / RandyC / No / (2 adults + 2 kids)
3. Jon Mosbacher / jonmos75 / No / (1, possibly 2)
4. John / JVU / open to carpool but don’t need to (from Walnut Creek) (1, possibly 2)
5. Matt Yeow/Mozby/Union City (carpool depends on if my family is coming along)
6. Mike/SFSUphysics/No/(2 adults + toddler)
7. Asia & Matt / Ashalye & Coral4me / No / (2 adults + 1 kid)

Ok got confirmation from Matt. Tour at 1:30pm but folks can arrive at anytime before to look around. If anyone wants to have lunch lmk. oh did I tell everyone its a behind the scenes tour? Some of it will be.

Please confirm headcount so if I need to create a wait list, I will.

Man, wish I could go. Hopefully it can be a repeatable event. Thanks @Apon for taking the time to organize such a unique experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well remember I got 15 headcount limit...set by Matt. If some of your family members are coming but could skip the tour let me know, I think the tour will be like 60min or so.

Back