Our mission

Coral reefer’s 360 gal system. 225 display and frag tanks

Yeah, I need to go solar pretty bad. I tell myself this tank will house some "higher end" stuff to help pay for the tanks... I am sure that will amount to giving away more stuff more or less.

Well if you ever want to run solar ideas off someone because you'd rather save an absolute crap ton of money and do most of the physical installation yourself (although SF still has insane incentives for solar installations if you're "Low income" not sure what you and your wife's income levels are, at least as reported on your taxes) let me know, I picked the brains of the guys who did mine because I had a plan to increase the size of my system (without telling PG&E of course...) after the fact.

No worries, the subfloor is almost down to the point where I can move fish (assuming I had a stand to put a tank on :D), still need to run plumbing in the walls too for onsite water, as well as ventilation and other piping for "future unknowns"

Dbtc red table looking pretty happy, starting to color up again. Took awhile to settle in after coming back from @kmoresf
IMG_0187.JPG

Wtf PGE?!? Came home at 8 pm to jo power, called in, they said estimated back On at 9 pm. No big deal. Called again at 9:30, they say 7 am. Ouch.
Hope I'll be ok... gonna be up a bunch to stir water by hand I suppose. I need a couple battery back ups for vortechs.

Wtf PGE?!? Came home at 8 pm to jo power, called in, they said estimated back On at 9 pm. No big deal. Called again at 9:30, they say 7 am. Ouch.
Hope I'll be ok... gonna be up a bunch to stir water by hand I suppose. I need a couple battery back ups for vortechs.

Have a 24 hour Walmart near you?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Marine-M...66001f5-e96761e4-165b2170d385dbbd&athena=true

I have a couple of Pentax battery air pumps you can borrow, but I'm probably far for you this late. If you want 'em, I'll be up until midnight or so.

Just a heads up. These are great for running battery backup and vortechs. They just need a barrel adapter and multi splitters if you want to run more than one thing off the same battery backup. Much more economical if you watch ebay. I've purchased most of mine for about $20 ea.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr....X+BU3DC001.TRS0.TSS0&_nkw=+BU3DC001&_sacat=0

Edit:

Here is the adapter that you would need to "convert" to the ecotech port: 5.5mm/2.1mm Female plug to 3.5mm/1.35 male

That should yield you tons of results on amazon or ebay. They are super cheap. I made a bunch of contribution on all the adapters you can run on RC if you are looking for ideas.

Last edited:
Thank you. I certainly need to get my black out game going. Might get a generator just to be safe on top of automatic battery backup for flow at least.

Last edited:
Thank you. I certainly need to get my black out game going. Might get a generator just to be safe on top of auto mates battery backup for flow at least.
Just get one of these...
Got it for my camper. Sick of killing lead acid batteries. But I bet it would run a powerhead for a while.
IMG_2909.jpg

Back