Jestersix

Coral reefer’s 360 gal system. 225 display and frag tanks

Calcium reactor! [emoji6]
I have certainly considered it. My ca alk demands have been pretty low, so I don't really feel the "need" on that end. In fact I only add 70 ml of each per day...that being said I am adding another frag tank soon, and I have always liked the idea of a carx. If I were to luck my way into a nice regulator I might keep my eye open for a decent reactor. Seems like there may be a few more "affordable"feed pump options these days like the kamoer, so I feel like if the longer term reviews of those are positive that makes it a lot more feasible for me.
Certainly not being in a rush is helpful in being able to wait for a good deal to slap me in the face on a nice regulator. I do have a 20 pound co2 bottle sitting around.

Yup not being in a rush gives you options to explore, I'm happy to have a kalk stirrer, dosing pumps, so when water finally hits my tank I don't have to worry about the investment of a calcium reactor immediately since there literally won't be any demand for it.

Hmmm, this seems like a good discussion topic actually, maybe I'll write something up.

I recall a guy in SSF having some lab grade equipment, among those things, SS regulators and some nice needle valves; I will try to find his info and ask him about regulators; I think if I’m not mistaking, were Swagelok? brand.
In any case, if either of you guys want to try a CaRx lmk, basement shop is always open! Well, not open open but you know what I mean...

Still got a 20lbs CO2 canister I traded some guy a frag of a coral (not very impressive one now that I think back on it), never filled it with CO2... never got a CaRx setup either :D

I recall a guy in SSF having some lab grade equipment, among those things, SS regulators and some nice needle valves; I will try to find his info and ask him about regulators; I think if I’m not mistaking, were Swagelok? brand.
In any case, if either of you guys want to try a CaRx lmk, basement shop is always open! Well, not open open but you know what I mean...

Alan Le on FB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_0364.JPG
IMG_0376.JPG
IMG_0383.JPG
Recent additions

Reactions: JVU
I finally plumbed in the second frag tank today. Want to upgrade the mp10 on there to a quiet drive and I need to connect the power supplies and data cables for the lights. Finally have enough room for all the corals I have... guess it's time to get some more!
Spent several hours cleaning the original frag tank and then moving a bunch of frags over to the new one and siphoning out Lots of sediment/detritus/asterinas/bristle worms and getting the rest of the encrusted bits of corals off of the bottom.
I've been putting this off a couple of months.
Next up a little minor rock work upstairs. Gonna pull one or two more pieces out due to aiptasia/blue cloves, and cement together the replacement chunks. I also want to make one more tall structure for more euphilia along the back wall.
I am planning on adding one more mp 40 and getting my 60 running again. The wet side took a beating over the years. May need to replace it...that's been holding me back. I'll have 40's in each corner too and bottom now, with the 60 bottom middle. I've been getting some sediment settling on a couple of the acros up top that created little dead spots. Hopefully putting a couple of the pumps up top will help prevent that.

If you need a long data plug for the Sol units, I got a couple.
Kyle/ @Kremis is looking for cloves, blue are very nice addition but as in gsp, keep it under control.
You know there's the "pictures or didn't happen"

Yeah there's no keeping those blue polyps under control, it's not like you can isolate them on an island rock, they'll dettatch and reattach elsewhere. Neat thing about them though is they aren't terribly picky where they'll grow, got coraline algae covering a perfectly flat surface (like the back of a tank) they'll grow! These are the one I give stores a pass on, you'll usually see them all over the egg crate and if they share water they pretty much infest all tanks.

It's a sad time for me. The blue tang I bought in 2003 hasn't been eating in a couple months. Hard to believe he still isn't skinny...I put him in the newer frag tank to prevent the other blue tang from ending him altogether. He doesn't really move. I've considered aiding his passing, just don't have the balls. I don't believe he's gonna start eating again all of a sudden. Must be suffering some at this point. Really a hard decision I have ahead of me.

If there are no obvious signs of him suffering I’d just let it play out. I think you actively doing something to put him out of his misery would be more stressful to him than not intervening (and definitely more stressful for you). Plus we don’t really know what they are thinking/feeling for the most part, and if he’s just not eating but otherwise relaxed, this probably the best and most natural way to go.

Back