got ethical husbandry?

Coral reefer’s 360 gal system. 225 display and frag tanks

IMG_0638.JPG
IMG_0639.JPG

I've gotten in to do some work 3 times in the last week, starting to get "caught up" on the things I've been meaning to do. Went on a rampage with the aiptasia x, mostly on the (blue) cloves from hell. But I did have a handful lingering aiptasia here and there. I removed the last rock that had more than a few on it. They were really big! It turns out aiptasia x works well on the blue cloves. I just kinda puddle it on top of them and let it sit for an hour or so with the vortechs off. I then siphon out any left over puddles before turning on pumps. I also put fresh carbon in my bag to absorb any nasties from dead cloves. It takes a couple days, but seems to work pretty well. I assume kalk paste would work as well, but happen to have aiptasia x on hand.

Had to move a couple trouble making chalices to avoid further stinging of their neighbors (of mummy eye got hit hard by space invade chalice, and fuzzy green psammacora got toasted by red stop sign chalice), and I still need to move the Cali Tort to a new spot where it has space. And I still need to make one more rock structure to go in the back. Most likely put more euphilia on it.

That red stop chalice is mean; melted a Miami hurricane but I was able to notice.
On the good side, the purple/blue pocillopora is encrusting nicely on a piece of rock.

I actually have two. One stopped working early on and I never figured out why it got it working. The other I dropped, and it still works, but is kinda loud. Heart breaking how expensive new dry sides are...

I actually have two. One stopped working early on and I never figured out why it got it working. The other I dropped, and it still works, but is kinda loud. Heart breaking how expensive new dry sides are...

Open the dry side. If all are the same design, the dry-side has what seems washers; maybe they are off-center or just loose.

Sorry to hear that Mike. What a great habitat you provided for him for a long time! Uncommon to have all those years with a fish.

Back