Cali Kid Corals

Coral reefer’s 360 gal system. 225 display and frag tanks

As I understand it, the issue with Bayer and red bugs is that it kills the bugs, but not the eggs. Interceptor may well have the same issue, but because you can put it in the display you can leave it there for the duration of the lifecycle whereas you cannot do this with Bayer.
Red bugs don't lay eggs from what I've read

I actually wondered about this. I don't think they lay eggs, but carry them. If one is carrying eggs and dies, do the eggs die? Or can they still hatch?
Don't know. Assume they would die or at least the dead red bugs would fall off if sufficiently agitated.

The medication procedures I’ve seen all require multiple applications at specific intervals to catch different generations. If one does only one dose does it permanently resolve the issue?

I just mean if the dead redbugs fall off, but the eggs can still hatch, it's the same as if eggs were laid on the coral
I mean fall off during the dip. I don't know if they can survive without the adult. Seems unlikely if you compare it to a pregnant human mother who dies with no medical intervention.

I mean fall off during the dip. I don't know if they can survive without the adult. Seems unlikely if you compare it to a pregnant human mother who dies with no medical intervention.
Human mothers don't carry fertilized sacs of eggs :D
But ya, I don't know how they work. Falling off in dip makes sense, iw w as still thinking of single dose interceptor situation.

@Coral reefer keeps telling me to reach out to the Reed Mariculture/ reef nutrition guys... But I haven't yet..

Human mothers don't carry fertilized sacs of eggs :D
But ya, I don't know how they work. Falling off in dip makes sense, iw w as still thinking of single dose interceptor situation.

@Coral reefer keeps telling me to reach out to the Reed Mariculture/ reef nutrition guys... But I haven't yet..
Are they eggs? I just read live birth. I don't know, I just figured they'd need the host to survive.

Are they eggs? I just read live birth. I don't know, I just figured they'd need the host to survive.
Here's some info I found. Still doesn't really answer our questions though :D
Screenshot_20201016-191238_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201016-191058_Chrome.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201016-191238_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201016-191238_Chrome.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 153
  • Screenshot_20201016-191058_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201016-191058_Chrome.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 168
So these tanks are all plumbed together, but will you start separating corals by type with the multiple frag tanks?

Then have different flow and lighting for the different tanks? Or keeping it mixed

Things are coming together. What lights will you be hanging over the new frag tank?
Most likely more AI sol blues. Keep it simple. Nice to see you back around.
So these tanks are all plumbed together, but will you start separating corals by type with the multiple frag tanks?

Then have different flow and lighting for the different tanks? Or keeping it mixed
There’s gonna be one focused on acros, but the top and bottom 1/4 of that tank gets like 150 par which works great for most chalices.

Back