got ethical husbandry?

Coworker starting a reef, looking for frag pack.

Out of the blue today, a coworker asked me if I knew what a "reef tank" was.

He told me he just set one up, it's been set up a month and he's going to the store this week excited to buy his first livestock.

I told him to join a club, he's in sac, but he seemed skeptical. I think the best way to convince him is some frags!

I'm going to dig through the rubble in my tank and see what I can find, but if there is anyone with xenia, shrooms, leather, etc I'd love to bolster it a bit.

Anyone want to help me convince him clubs are better than stores?

Don’t have many softies, but I’ll load him up with some stuff if you get him to come to sf.
Otherwise direct him to your reef. John is cool.

I have a rhodactis mushroom he can have, I have a big rock of zoas I can break off some, also have your green leather I can take a razor blade to (might want to allow that to heal up before giving to them), but either way let me know I can get started on a frag pack, and whenever you're going to take it to him I can pack it up.

Gus,
You want rock with those brown mushrooms : ) lmk or anything else you gave me, like some frog spawn.

Thanks guys, Mike, if you don't mind that frag pack you've got sounds cool.

Other Mike, not sure he's ready for sps, it's his first corals.

Arnold, I have a ton of those mushrooms on the back wall of my tank still. They don't seem to care that the main lights are off.

Bruce, thanks. I'll link him this thread.

He works in SF, where I work.

We talked a bit more today, and I think he is going to redo his rockwork first with some emaco before putting corals in. He said he joined the forum, maybe he's shy.

Back