Supporting Member
Equipment:
- Red Sea Reefer 350 - 90Gallons
- RSK-600 Reefer skimmer
- Titanium heater 500W
- Orlushy 500 W heater ( backup )
- Vectra S2 pump [ runs at 55%, constant speed ]
- Radion XR15 pro g5 x2 [ 10 am - 8pm, attached ]
- Vortech MP40 [ 12am-6am: Lagoon 40%, 6am-5pm: Reef Crest 52%, 5pm-6:30pm: Nutrient Transport 40%, 6:30pm-10pm: Reef Crest 50%, 10pm-12am: Lagoon 40% ]
- Neptune Apex
- Kessil H80 Tuna Flora

Fish:
- None for now, tank just cycled.
Corals:
- None for now, tank just cycled.

Storage:
- Wall mount plastic bin
- cradle for the probes

Attachments

• IMG_8878.jpg
    IMG_8878.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_8887.jpg
    IMG_8887.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 311
  • CC1BB163-C1F4-4658-8F2E-F60FBC9C3E2C.JPG
    CC1BB163-C1F4-4658-8F2E-F60FBC9C3E2C.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_8991.PNG
    IMG_8991.PNG
    63.7 KB · Views: 230
  • My Template.mob.zip
    1 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:
What’s the plan for fish and corals?
I am a beginner :)
In terms of fish I am considering Clownfish, Yellow Tang, and then I don't really know yet, it will depends of my research or what people recommend, sell, donate. I am dreaming of a Blue tang, but I read that's not very for beginner so I will wait :)

In terms of corals well I don't know the name yet . same, doing my homework, taking notes etc.
I just purchased from Ryan C. 1x Spiderman Zoa and 1 Deadpool Koa

so that's where I am today.
I added those lights under so I can see something .
added a H80 tuna Flora.
my skimmer was too low so for now I put a glass container under and ordered egg crate that will arrive Sunday. so I can better elevate it. it's still new.

Top off is not very convenient, wish it has a lid to limit evaporation, but it pretty high to it makes it difficult to refill it. I think I will browse the forum to see how other with the same tank did / are doing.
on the right I added some storage

I know the wiring is not pretty but I don't really want to put a back panel and limit the ventilation. I may run vertical PVC pipe in the back to attach the cables to it, or a vertical C channel. Don't know yet.

Attachments

• IMG_8969.jpg
    IMG_8969.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_8968.jpg
    IMG_8968.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 208
i agree the Red Sea ATO is kind of high, it is really difficult to refill. What I did, I have another portable 4 gal ATO container to fill the Red Sea ATO. The liquid sensor is sitting on the Red Sea ATO.

I struggled a long time with filling up the ATO container, I eventually just got a pump and 50 feet of tubing and just pump it straight from my RODI storage to the container. I have thought of getting another ATO to refill the built in ATO, but don't have any space to put it on the right side anymore

I struggled a long time with filling up the ATO container, I eventually just got a pump and 50 feet of tubing and just pump it straight from my RODI storage to the container. I have thought of getting another ATO to refill the built in ATO, but don't have any space to put it on the right side anymore
that is one good solution. :)

Wish I can do the same, garage where the storage of rodi water is , is not that far, but that will involve a lot of drilling , and wall patching ... wish I had a basement to go under the house but not an option in redwood shores .

Wish I can do the same, garage where the storage of rodi water is , is not that far, but that will involve a lot of drilling , and wall patching ... wish I had a basement to go under the house but not an option in redwood shores .

Do you have a crawl space?

Back