High Tide Aquatics

DBTC - OG Bounce - Needs some TLC

Hey everyone,

I have a bleached OG bounce that's been in my tank for a while. It hasn't gone downhill or have tissue loss.
I'm hoping someone good with mushrooms can rehabilitate it back, and send a baby back.

Standard rules apply
Must have a tank journal
Do not ever sell
If my frag melts, I'm first in line for the next frag

Will add pictures tomorrow.

Thanks!

That's very generous... but I have an OG that's doing well already but would be up for getting priority if i lose mine and am successful recovering yours.

after losing like 3 of them before (probably shouldn'tsay that out loud but full disclaimer again. Hah) , i think i got it dialed in...

Now if i can only acheivement unlock biohazards. Ugh.

Have a 100G shroom tank and even for same shrooms some like it and some don't. While the same shroom is happier in a different setup and par altogether. Go figure.

Good news is I have multiple systems to let it test out.

Turning this into a medical log... lol.

Day 1
===
20200621_195235.jpg

I have been broadcast feeding AB+ for the past 2 months, and switched over to acropower.
Maybe direct feeding ab+ would be the way to go

I have been broadcast feeding AB+ for the past 2 months, and switched over to acropower.
Maybe direct feeding ab+ would be the way to go

I switched over from acropower to ab+ target feed with no pump for good 10 minute @Mozby can voucher for me.

This is what was my 4” mother OG.
856e7175654261e3c8f565f6baf14700.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Day 23
=====

More coloration taking hold and spreading. Been a bit lax on zoox dosing so probably slightly slower recovery than I'd like.

A few tiny bubbles are now back to deep orange. At this point, prognosis is good. My guess is that this will take another 2 months to get back to former glory.

20200714_110957.jpg

I can probably accelerate it in a lower PAR environment in my shroom tank but deciding to acclimate to higher PAR at 250 to make the shroom more compatible for DBTC across variety of members' tanks.

My personal OG is thriving near the surface of my SPS dominant system right under XR30W G4 and Reef Brite. And i mean under... 5" below surface, 12" from the light.

Case in point -- that black edge therr is the reef brite:
20200714_111746.jpg

Back