Kessil

Dolphin pet village anemone?

Corallus

Supporting Member
I was at Aquatic Collection during their anniversary sale, and they had a basket of what, to my eye, really looked like the old school DPV bubble tip anemones. So much so I almost bought one, even though the folks I chatted with there didn’t seem to know what I was talking about. They were very pretty, but kinda pricey.

Does anyone have one of these they’d be willing to sell or part with?

@FooFtr was just talking about bringing one to the next swap.

Screenshot_20240503_150111_Chrome.jpg

Okay I take back what I said earlier lol.

Those aren’t DPV.

This pic is from their 15yr anniversary sale 2 weeks ago.
(No filter lens)
IMG_1228.jpeg

This is when they were traded in back in February. Still a beautiful green anemone tho. Probably the nicest green anemone I’ve seen. (Used filter lens)
IMG_1230.jpeg

Last edited:
Cool, glad to get some expert eyes on these. I thought they were pretty and it’s been a while since I’ve seen “real” ones. For the non experts, like myself, what are the key differences to look for between the DPV and the AC batch? I saw dark purple base, green tentacles with no pink spots on the tips. Is it a matter of degree, color, or another specific trait?

The reason these piqued my interest and had me asking about DPV’s; I thought they were pretty, and I like the idea of having something from such a long time, locally established line.

Back