Reef nutrition

Ecotech M1 Pump Issue

Alexx

Supporting Member
Hi guys, any idea what might be wrong with my return pump, sometimes works sometimes is not working.
It has the red and orange lights blinking.
Today it stopped working the first time. I cleaned it, then it worked for a bit and it stopped again.
Sometimes I can make it work if I remove the power and plug it back into the controller then it's stopping again after a few hours.

The last time when it stopped I was plugin and unplug the power connector to the controller and it was not working anymore. But then, I was plugin and unplugging the power connectors to the pump from the controller. And replug it back in and it worked again. But when I turned the pump off for feeding it did not start again. And I had to repeat the cycle to have it running again.

I think the issue might be with the pump block from what I was reading online, but then not sure why is working sometimes again. It feels a bit unreliable especially cuz I will have to go on a 7 days trip.
Any tips on what I should do?

I don't have another Ecotech M1 pump block to test to see if that is the issue or controller.

Really not looking forward to spending so much money on getting a new pump.

Hi guys, any idea what might be wrong with my return pump, sometimes works sometimes is not working.
It has the red and orange lights blinking.
Today it stopped working the first time. I cleaned it, then it worked for a bit and it stopped again.
Sometimes I can make it work if I remove the power and plug it back into the controller then it's stopping again after a few hours.

The last time when it stopped I was plugin and unplug the power connector to the controller and it was not working anymore. But then, I was plugin and unplugging the power connectors to the pump from the controller. And replug it back in and it worked again. But when I turned the pump off for feeding it did not start again. And I had to repeat the cycle to have it running again.

I think the issue might be with the pump block from what I was reading online, but then not sure why is working sometimes again. It feels a bit unreliable especially cuz I will have to go on a 7 days trip.
Any tips on what I should do?

I don't have another Ecotech M1 pump block to test to see if that is the issue or controller.

Really not looking forward to spending so much money on getting a new pump.

If it’s the heating issue they had with the first gen pumps, you’ll see it. The plastic inside where the impeller goes will start bubbling and the impeller magnet will start rubbing off and have shavings on it. Plus it will likely create a loud humming noise.

You have a spare power supply for the pump around? Sometimes the power brick goes bad and is wonky.

I have a new spare power supply you can try and if it works, you can buy off me if you want.

36V 3A Power Supply,COOLM 36V 108W Power Adapter AC 100-240V to DC 108W Transformers Interface 5.5x2.5mm 5.5 2.5 Replacement 2A for AI Vega Light, Security Equipment LCD LED Lights https://a.co/eP2Xmt1

The power supply is good I have measure it. Not sure if is the magnetic pump block that causes everything, or the contacts from the control box to the pump.

There’s also a controller reset you can run, Google ecotech factory reset for a quick how-to.
This sounds like what one I had was doing, I ended up replacing mine with another brand of pump.

Back