Kessil

Eric's 100 gallon adventure. (Formally 40g)

Srt4eric

Vice President
BOD
(100 gallon starts with post #228 on page 12)

So I quickly outgrew my biocube and I saw this tank for sale with stand sump and plumbing for $200. I thought what a deal, how could I pass it up.
received_3135473536561432.jpeg
20200825_201553.jpg

Last edited:
looks like a great start. might want to center the xr30 a little to get an even spread. unsure what types of corals you are planning but just in case before you start filling it up after the cycle.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Now the hard part... just sitting back and waiting for it to cycle through. I would turn the light out for now, there's no reason to illuminate the tank and it will only allow algae to grow sooner.

Now the hard part... just sitting back and waiting for it to cycle through. I would turn the light out for now, there's no reason to illuminate the tank and it will only allow algae to grow sooner.

It's also a 1st gen radion... wouldnt want it to die sooner than it already will.

Depending on how hard the light was worked, you might be surprised at how long it will last. Heat is what kills electronics (both LEDs and the drivers which power them), very often people run LEDs lights no where near 100%, as such they should last much longer than people anticipate. Of course it is a first gen one, so the original owner may have been "I paid for all that light, everything at 100!" then "why are my corals bleaching?" :D

On the 5th I dosed dr Tim's ammonium chloride to start my cycle. I tested this morning...
Nh4 between .15 and .25
No3 15
No2 1

Almost there!!!

Back