Our mission

Eric's girlfriend's 24 aio

Srt4eric

Vice President
BOD
So a friend gave me a jbj 24 gallon AIO to sell for him. My girlfriend saw it and now she wants me to set it up for her. So here goes my 4th tank journal on here. So far I have removed the stock lid and I have a hydra that I'm going to mount over it. This is the old style cube with the compact florescent bulbs in the hood. I'm thinking the hydra will work just a little better.

As soon as I find a spot for my biocube I'm going to bring the jbj in. It's been sitting outside for a month now filled with tap water. No leaks!!! She really wants a crushed coral base. She really likes how it looks in the display tanks at Neptune's. Any know how much crushed coral I should buy to put in this cube?

As soon as I find a spot for my biocube I'm going to bring the jbj in. It's been sitting outside for a month now filled with tap water. No leaks!!! She really wants a crushed coral base. She really likes how it looks in the display tanks at Neptune's. Any know how much crushed coral I should buy to put in this cube?
I had a portion of crushed coral when I had a sand bottom, and it really trapped detritus and got messy. Maybe you could use large pieces and have something similar to an under gravel filter to flow water through it to elevate the detritus?

the crushed coral was awesome for fragging though. I put mushrooms there and could just pull the rubble up and easily make frags

Just toss enough large "calcium reactor media" in there for a 1" layer. Neptune sells it by the pound but they discount at 10% once you hit 15# I think.

See if you can find the really big stuff that I have in my tank. It can be cleaned with flow pretty easily. I might be looking to split a bag of it with you for my nem tank if that happens!

It's ready for all the sps!!

20210603_181307.jpg

Any reason you are opting for the patient approach here versus the turbo cycle with media from your other systems?

Edit: Turbo'd with my crushed coral! Nice.

Last edited:
Back