Jestersix

Free 180 Gallon Tru-Vu Tank + wood stand + canopy ( needs acrylic restoration)

I have a 180 gallon Tru-vu acrylic tank in our garage that needs to be gone. This is a sizeable, older acrylic tank with the customary light blue background. The tank measures 6' x 2' x 2'. The tank has two full-length overflow boxes installed one in each corner. The tank is completely dry but did completely hold water when last filled. It currently sits on a worn, wood stand that you can also take if you choose. The tank also has a matching, slim wood canopy as well to cover the top of the tank. I'm prepared to give the tank/stand/canopy combination away completely for free as the acrylic surface needs someone with acrylic buffering skills to restore the finish. I'm not the original tank owner. I don't have the time available right now to dedicate to restore this tank finish. I tried once half heartedly awhile back using the 1000/2000 grit sandpaper in vain and never went back to try again. I'm not asking anything in return other than you bring a truck and enough strength to load the tank and/or stand if you choose to take both.

I will have post pics here of the tank/stand/canopy hopefully by Sunday. If there is no real interest amongst the group here, I'll place it on CL sometime later next week.

Also, given this weekend is Memorial weekend, anyone who has served will go directly to the top of my list.

I have a 180 gallon Tru-vu acrylic tank in our garage that needs to be gone. This is a sizeable, older acrylic tank with the customary light blue background. The tank measures 6' x 2' x 2'. The tank has two full-length overflow boxes installed one in each corner. The tank is completely dry but did completely hold water when last filled. It currently sits on a worn, wood stand that you can also take if you choose. The tank also has a matching, slim wood canopy as well to cover the top of the tank. I'm prepared to give the tank/stand/canopy combination away completely for free as the acrylic surface needs someone with acrylic buffering skills to restore the finish. I'm not the original tank owner. I don't have the time available right now to dedicate to restore this tank finish. I tried once half heartedly awhile back using the 1000/2000 grit sandpaper in vain and never went back to try again. I'm not asking anything in return other than you bring a truck and enough strength to load the tank and/or stand if you choose to take both.

I will have post pics here of the tank/stand/canopy hopefully by Sunday. If there is no real interest amongst the group here, I'll place it on CL sometime later next week.

Also, given this weekend is Memorial weekend, anyone who has served will go directly to the top of my list.
I'll take it maybe. Do you have pics? How thick?

Last edited:
I took a couple of quick snaps of the tank to share. I'll work on more pics for the craigslist posting next week. The acrylic width is 1/2 in on the sides and top bracing. If anyone here wants the tank for free, it is yours for the taking.

Attachments

• 20200525_155041.jpg
    20200525_155041.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 200
  • 20200525_155151.jpg
    20200525_155151.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 200
  • 20200525_155231.jpg
    20200525_155231.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 214
  • 20200525_155738.jpg
    20200525_155738.jpg