Jestersix

Free: Two Diamond Watchman Gobies (supporting members only)

RandyC

Supporting Member
I have two Diamond Watchman gobies. They are not paired/bonded as they were in separate display tanks connected to the same sump. One is probably 2.5-3" and the other is slightly bigger. They are being banished from my tank because they are doing what they do best, sifting sand and moving crushed coral to make themselves a home. I just got sick of cleaning up after them and brushing the sand off coral on the sand bed and picking up crushed coral they moved from my shroom box. I've had them for 3-4 months.

These will be free to supporting members. If there are two people interested, I'll give each one a goby. If there are more than 2 people interested, your name will go into a random generator and two members will be selected to get one each. They are caught and ready to go. They do need to be gone by the end of this weekend. Deadline to show interest in them is tonight (Aug 7) at 10pm before I draw a names.

Pickup in Castro Valley.

Last edited:
I love the watchman goby's grouchy face. I was planning to get a shrimp-goby pair this fall - do you think this watchman is a good species for this? Know if it can be easily paired up later with a pistol shrimp or had I better get them together as a pair?
I may still have a pistol shrimp in the rock in my fuge, but I have no idea what exact one.

hmm. I can probably take one of these off your hands. I am doing my best to keep all coral off my sand this run anyway. Maybe i can even make a road trip out of it and visit tankguy to deliver a piece of the tank stand we forgot to load up :D

Let me know if im in the running for one. Bigger may be better because i run caribsea special grade?

I love the watchman goby's grouchy face. I was planning to get a shrimp-goby pair this fall - do you think this watchman is a good species for this? Know if it can be easily paired up later with a pistol shrimp or had I better get them together as a pair?
I may still have a pistol shrimp in the rock in my fuge, but I have no idea what exact one.

These guys are sand sifters only. Won't pair up with a pistol shrimp. They're great if you have sand and you don't have coral on the sandbed. They've done a great job of keeping the sand clean.

If you're still interested, I'll nix the drawing. They're yours. Kids' education trumps BAR freebies. ;)

a268a0158d434804221d8c75c70fd69e.jpg

hmm. I can probably take one of these off your hands. I am doing my best to keep all coral off my sand this run anyway. Maybe i can even make a road trip out of it and visit tankguy to deliver a piece of the tank stand we forgot to load up :D

Let me know if im in the running for one. Bigger may be better because i run caribsea special grade?

I have special grade carribsea sand as well. They both do fine with it.

Well a sand sifter would be great in big tank (that has no fish) as long as maze brain and duncan can go on a rock.
One would be great. Still plan to get a shrimp+goby for clown tank. Will PM you later about pick up this week

Well a sand sifter would be great in big tank (that has no fish) as long as maze brain and duncan can go on a rock.
One would be great. Still plan to get a shrimp+goby for clown tank. Will PM you later about pick up this week

Yours. Looks like one will be up for grabs. I'll draw a name later tonight.

I just got sick of cleaning up after them and brushing the sand off coral on the sand bed and picking up crushed coral they moved from my shroom box. I've had them for 3-4 months.
Hah -- I feel the same way about these guys... I had one before... and regretted shortly after, especially with my travel schedule and coming home to find sand all over stuff. I knew they shift.. which is why i got it to help keep the sand clean but didn't realize how much they make a mess. Fighting conchs and nassarius snails are the way to go, i think...

Hah -- I feel the same way about these guys... I had one before... and regretted shortly after, especially with my travel schedule and coming home to find sand all over stuff. I knew they shift.. which is why i got it to help keep the sand clean but didn't realize how much they make a mess. Fighting conchs and nassarius snails are the way to go, i think...
I liked the sea cucumbers I had.

Back