Neptune Aquatics

Fridge drawer repair questions

Darkxerox

Facilities, Events, LFS Partnership
BOD
Since I know a bunch of you are pretty handy, how would you go about repairing this deli meat drawer for a Samsung rf24fsedbsr/aa fridge?

PXL_20240929_022305689.jpg
PXL_20240929_022313125.MP.jpg

Super glue on acrylic underneath and glue crack? Flex tape?

A new one is over $150 so no thanks!

Push it back flat. On the back side.

Best way.
Thin sheet of fiberglass and epoxy. It will never break again.
Sand with 80-120 grit for a tooth to bite on.
Lazy way.
Backside. Dremel small channel in crack. Super glue and baking soda. Build it out and wide. About a 1” width. Might break in the future. But easy.

Fiberglass would work well or car type of bondo.

You could probably find them at home depot, a autoparts store, or even amazon for cheaper.

Acrylic could work but would be bulky. Either of those you could sand down pretty evenly.

Fiberglass would work well or car type of bondo.

You could probably find them at home depot, a autoparts store, or even amazon for cheaper.

Acrylic could work but would be bulky. Either of those you could sand down pretty evenly.
Bondo is a filler, it does not work like that. Do not use bondo lol.

Since I know a bunch of you are pretty handy, how would you go about repairing this deli meat drawer for a Samsung rf24fsedbsr/aa fridge?

View attachment 60979View attachment 60980

Super glue on acrylic underneath and glue crack? Flex tape?

A new one is over $150 so no thanks!
I'd grab some 2 part epoxy at the local ace hardware (or whatever store) that's designed for plastic. While there grab one of those wall patch kits that are metal, or a thin piece of plastic.

Rough sand the back of the drawer (optionally), layer some epoxy, put the patch or plastic over it. Bonus points if you get a bit in the crack as well, but it'll probably leak through to the top so you'd need to scape it out unless you want the top roughed a bit.

Not sure that'd be perfect, but I think with a bit of support it'll hopefully stay in place. The patch kit should be thin enough to not get in the way, and the epoxy can embed and extra stick, but I imagine it'll still flex. If you used plastic, make sure the drawer can still slide with whatever thickness you'd be adding. The layer of plastic approach will likely flex less.

Make sure to do it outside since 2-part epoxy is noxious.

Also if you want to get really crazy, you could do it with a carbon fiber patch. No real reason versus the metal patch version, but it'd be cool :). The patch plus epoxy is basically the same idea how they build things out of carbon fiber. Layers of carbon fiber laminated together with a glue/epoxy.

Last edited:
Bondo is a filler, it does not work like that. Do not use bondo lol.
Yes you are correct, I had to look it up, I thought it was called bondo but it's actually a 2 part expoy type material that i was thinking of. Like they use to glue together a cracked car bumper and it fuses hard enough for them to be able to sand it once it cures.

Back