Cali Kid Corals

Garf bonsai acro

Corallus

Supporting Member
A few years back, I picked this up as a frag from Neptune - they had taken in the colony from a customer and cut it up. Is it a "real" Garf Bonsai? Not sure, but to me it looks enough like pictures for me to call it that. In my tank, it grows short and encrusts a lot. Nice purple with green polyps. The frags are small, but are both starting to encrust the the plugs.

Here's a terrible pic of my colony.
basai mother.jpg

Here are the two frags I have available. Yes, they are small, but healthy and encrusting.
basai frags.jpg

My DBTC conditions:

This is not a difficult sps, but have a stable tank, be growing other acros, and I'd like to see your tank journal if I don't know you. Two more, well healed frags back into the chain before swapping or selling, and if I need a frag, always be willing to pass one back to me if/when you have one. Occasional updates a plus. I like the DBTC to both back up my corals and to distribute them to the group.

Contactless pickup from my place in SF/south of market or where I work in Redwood City.

Last edited:
Is this the same one as this?
It certainly could be. The growth pattern looks different on what I have, but that could be lighting, flow, chemistry etc. But color wise, yep.

@Newjack and @NanoCrazed, feel free to PM me to arrange for pickup. I'm working at home today in SF, and will be in Redwood City at least twice this week.

Back