Kessil

Getting a wrasse to eat.

Just picked up my fish at aquatic collection. It's a baby wrasse that's eating in the shop. My question to you guys is should I put it in my small tank alone. Or should I put it in my main display where I wanted to live? Currently eating. But I don't want it to go on a hunger strike.

Option 1: goes in the small tank
If it lives, you're fine.
if it dies because it doesn't eat, you're sad your new wrasse died
if it dies because it's sick, you're sad your new wrasse died

Option 2: goes in the display
If it lives, you're fine.
if it dies because it doesn't eat, you're sad your new wrasse died
if it dies because it's sick, all of your fish die and you have to make your display go fallow for months

If you bought it QT'ed, the variables change. Odds it might die from stress or not eating could be different in the small tank vs main, but not clearly either way. However even if the odds were higher in the main tank, you're trading the odds of that one fish being better versus a big PITA for everything else.

yup drop some lives brine and he might get annoyed and start eating. I would just have a bubler so the flow won't kill the brine. And maybe it needs some sand in a cup so he can get in and some hiding places. Or ask them what they feed him and give the same thing.

Just picked up my fish at aquatic collection. It's a baby wrasse that's eating in the shop. My question to you guys is should I put it in my small tank alone. Or should I put it in my main display where I wanted to live? Currently eating. But I don't want it to go on a hunger strike.
What was it eating at AC?

Attachments

• 20230212_110452.jpg
    20230212_110452.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 76
  • 20230206_114944.jpg
    20230206_114944.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 65
Beautiful fish
Wrasses are predatory fish
They eat small and crunchy and worm types.
While that food is great for your tang, it’s not the best for a wrasse.
I recommend the LRS reef and LRS fish
Both are sold at AC
Also feed
PE mysis, marine mysis, frozen bloodworms

High tide probably has also

Back