Our mission

Getting back into the swing of things

Hi my name is Kevin and I have been reefing for the last four years. I have had thriving tanks before, but when I moved to my newest place things just havent been great for me tank wise. I also have worked as an aquarist in Santa Cruz at the Seymour Mrince Discovery Center. nIve had my 39g cad light bowfront tank with the eshopps nano sump running for the last year and a half however I had upgraded to a larger/nicer skimmer and bottomed out my tank. I then lost most of my coral in a matter of a few days. Since then I have had dinos, which I got rid of. Have neglected the tank and now have green hair algae and some aptaisa, I have high phosphates and nitrates right now that I'm working on bringing down and reducing the green hair algae in my tank at the moment. Have been looking to get some Berghia to take care of my aptasia problem that has taken over my overflow and sump. I feel like My tank is begging me to get it back in shape. It is also one of three tanks I have in my house that are saltwater. I also have a fowlr and a 20g IM AIO that I have running as an anemone tank with a clown. Its mate just died a couple months ago and I haven't gotten another yet. Ill eventually add pics of the tanks that i have right now. Maybe start another thread on getting the 39 back in shape.

Welcome! We‘ve all had issues with our tanks and lots of folks around here have great advice on rebounding and avoiding the next problem.

Back