Neptune Aquatics

Going to LA next week. What are the best fish stores to visit?

i asked that question when i took the kids to disneyland last month. i got this as a response.

"amazing aquariums and reefs is in orange that's the go to.
reef lounge is in anaheim, but both times i've been there i was underwhelmed. idk what their deal is, but like they didn't even have lights turned on for their tanks lol. i've heard they do a ton of importing and wholesale stuff for bigger places, but on the hobbyist level meh. they're opening a new store closer to me that i'm going to check out next weekend so maybe i'll be whelmed
2gc and calikid aren't super far, but i've never been to either one. calikid i've heard is really sketch on whether or not they'll be open
vivid is way up north by burbank. unique is there too, but unique is moving and/or closed to the public
harry's marine life in gardena is a wholesale that's open to the public, but it's far from where you'll be. and kinda hood. they do bring in reefraft stuff tho"

for me, amazing aquariums was a nice shop. vivid didnt have much sps when i went there or else id walk out with a vivid's insanity.

If your in Orange County
Ellis is good. But it’s in Compton.
Tongs was good.
Seaside ? Was good.
San Diego
Aqua sd is good. You use to be able to order on their website and pick up at the store. Still dunno if they do that. Different inventory than the store front.
There’s a few more but I can’t think of them. I usually by from people.

i asked that question when i took the kids to disneyland last month. i got this as a response.

"amazing aquariums and reefs is in orange that's the go to.
reef lounge is in anaheim, but both times i've been there i was underwhelmed. idk what their deal is, but like they didn't even have lights turned on for their tanks lol. i've heard they do a ton of importing and wholesale stuff for bigger places, but on the hobbyist level meh. they're opening a new store closer to me that i'm going to check out next weekend so maybe i'll be whelmed
2gc and calikid aren't super far, but i've never been to either one. calikid i've heard is really sketch on whether or not they'll be open
vivid is way up north by burbank. unique is there too, but unique is moving and/or closed to the public
harry's marine life in gardena is a wholesale that's open to the public, but it's far from where you'll be. and kinda hood. they do bring in reefraft stuff tho"

for me, amazing aquariums was a nice shop. vivid didnt have much sps when i went there or else id walk out with a vivid's insanity.
ty for info, I will be there all week for Star Wars Celebration. Trying to get a tour from sea dwelling creatures wholesale facilicity too.

If you can get into Sea Dwelling, it would be a cool tour. Keep an eye out for the Apexs on site!!

Most of the good ones have been mentioned. LAX, Ellis (small store but nice corals), Vivid, UC has a new store that is open to public, I think its open.

Made to LAX Aquarium. Its a cool place. Here are some pics
20220524_120800.jpg

Attachments

• 20220524_120505.jpg
    20220524_120505.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 129
  • 20220524_120502.jpg
    20220524_120502.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 137
Back