Reef nutrition

Gold fish locally?

Anyone know the best place to buy gold fish locally?

I should Have all the tilapia removed from my aquaponics garden soon, and want to replace them with single tail gold fish.

So will goldfish work as a long term nutrient source for the plants, without growing too big for the tank?
Goldfish are dirty lil things. Eat a lot and poop a lot. So...lots of nutrition. Hah.

I used to breed them as a kid. But got to be too much work maintaining water quality

Goldfish are dirty lil things. Eat a lot and poop a lot. So...lots of nutrition. Hah.

I used to breed them as a kid. But got to be too much work maintaining water quality
Yeah in trying to figure out how many I’ll need. I had 50 Tilapia, and that was probably 10 too many. I’m thinking maybe 20 goldfish. They will probably get huge in that tank eventually

You've given up on the Tilapia?
Yes, they are costing me over $100 per month in electricity to heat the tank. Tilapia are a tropical fish. I had Blue Nile Tilapia, and they can get to the low 60's before they start dying. I need to have fish that can handle water in the 40's -80's

Back