Our mission

Good fish or invert to eat bristle worms?

FreahSaltyGuy

Supporting Member
Hello,

I have bristle worms in my tank. I don't mind them, but I have plenty to support something that loves eating them. I have 2 damsels, 2 clowns, Blue legged hermits and a bunch of snails. Everything gets along great right now, so what can I get that won't bother my fish, snails etc and is reef safe that will eat bristles?

Thanks!

Attachments

• PXL_20230211_023750815.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20230211_023750815.PORTRAIT.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 64
Arrow crabs. Mostly reef safe, but you know, it’s a crab. Sometimes they can potentially go after whatever they can eat.

Generally, they’re reef safe. But of course there’s the possibility they may eat slow or small fish. Maybe some inverts. Never know with a crab. They’re opportunistic eaters.

Banded coral shrimp will hunt them at night, though a single shrimp will probably only eat 1 bristleworm per day. May not be enough to make a big dent in your population.

That might actually be perfect. Will the accidentally eat my snails or hermits?

I haven't had them do that, but it's a possibility. If your hermits and snails are big enough you should be okay. The ones I have had seem to mostly go after amphipods and bristleworms since they're out crawling around the rockwork at night when the shrimp is hunting.

Back