Cali Kid Corals

green marine too busy

Tomorrow is last day for green marine. We went in to spend money for filler in my store brought 1000$ cash and was told they are too busy closing the store to do any business, wtf? Why post fire sale if you don't want the business...... when shawn took over I went out there spent two day scrubbing his tanks to help him out get running again

Doesn't pay to help any one, done ranting...

eldiablosrt8 said:
Tomorrow is last day for green marine. We went in to spend money for filler in my store brought 1000$ cash and was told they are too busy closing the store to do any business, wtf? Why post fire sale if you don't want the business...... when shawn took over I went out there spent two day scrubbing his tanks to help him out get running again

Doesn't pay to help any one, done ranting...

WTF why even post this here on BAR? It's none of our business what goes down between Green Marine and Diablo Corals. Your in the business now, time to keep that in mind.

With a landlord planning to change the locks and PG&E killing the power I'd probably focus on clearing out rather than selling too. It wasn't too busy on the 22nd when I was in. :) Shawn plans to keep selling privately I believe.

Either way it's sad to see another LFS go. After seeing several excellent and ginormous LFSs in Calgary last week I'm baffled that there aren't more LFS here. (OK, so the corals were nowhere near as nice as what you can get here...).

bondolo said:
With a landlord planning to change the locks and PG&E killing the power I'd probably focus on clearing out rather than selling too. It wasn't too busy on the 22nd when I was in. :) Shawn plans to keep selling privately I believe.

Either way it's sad to see another LFS go. After seeing several excellent and ginormous LFSs in Calgary last week I'm baffled that there aren't more LFS here. (OK, so the corals were nowhere near as nice as what you can get here...).

Dude what are you talking about? The Bay Area has around 50 stores. The concentration here is greater the numerous states have all together. We live in one of the highest concentrations of LFS on the planet.

GreshamH said:
bondolo said:

Dude what are you talking about? The Bay Area has around 50 stores. The concentration here is greater the numerous states have all together. We live in one of the highest concentrations of LFS on the planet.

Seriously? I need to get out more.

-Gregory

GDawson said:
GreshamH said:
bondolo said:

Seriously? I need to get out more.

-Gregory

http://www.bareefers.org/home/businesses

Start there

In 2009 it was estimated there were ~2,500 LFS in the US. At that time in Cali we had around 350 - 400 LFS.

Clearly, I need to spend more time visiting LFS. ;-) I've made plans to visit several of the peninsula ones next week (after confirming that they still existed) and am going to need to spend a Saturday in the city visiting the ones there.

The list appears to need a little cleanup. Anyone know how this can be done?

Went to Ultimate Aquarium in San Mateo last week...didn't think much of their coral selection but most of the fish looked pretty good (except one group of dart fish that looked pretty thin but prolly came in that way). They had one small leopard toby that almost came home with me.

-Gregory

Back