Jestersix

Guess this baby...

Ok, so was about to go clean my box and thinking about moving my scoly down to the sand (near surface now and loving high PAR).

But looked into the box and saw a mysterious dot that looks to have a mouth or fuzzy oral tentacles.

It's most flat (small raise), perfectly round with concentric circles, and slightly green hued.

I have no idea what this is but will take guesses... and will confirm over time with pics.

But of you already know the answer, I'm all ears. Since i want to get rid of the box but hesitate in case i have something interesting growing...

Who wants to play?

20200512_180605.jpg
20200512_180625.jpg

Lol. I am both hopeful and afraid at the thought. Would love to get rid of the box or at least clean it!

Though would be awesome if it were scoly babies given that i only have 1 scoly in the tank. Would be a feat and first proof that it's possible.

More likely i wonder if it could be polyp bailout from my pocillopora... hmmm...

I had something that was called sand polyps in my tank that I got from Albany Aquarium. I never had an official species or even genus. It looked very similar. I gave a few away to people who took corals from my tank. I would sometimes appear on rocks but it definitely preferred low flow areas of sand especially margins near the base of rocks. Since it didn't like flow and preferred sand it never got out of control in my tanks. If removed from the sand and put in to my bare tank they always died.

I had something that was called sand polyps in my tank that I got from Albany Aquarium. I never had an official species or even genus. It looked very similar. I gave a few away to people who took corals from my tank. I would sometimes appear on rocks but it definitely preferred low flow areas of sand especially margins near the base of rocks. Since it didn't like flow and preferred sand it never got out of control in my tanks. If removed from the sand and put in to my bare tank they always died.
I've never heard of sand polyps... will need to look them up!

Back