Cali Kid Corals

Hello everyone

Hello everyone, my name is Moses T and I've been in the saltwater hobby since I was 12 years old. I'm also know as Western_reefer on RC.

I've heard great things about BAR and would like to become a member. I've heard there is a "family membership"? I'm 17 and don't drive yet, so my dad drives me around. Also, it says "Next year, a payment of $20 will be due during the renewal period Jan 1 - Feb 1,,,, The renewal process each year will be between Jan 1 and Feb 1. If you wish to remain a current BAR member you will be required to renew your dues at this time." Does that mean if I pay today, right now, I'll have to renew my membership in 4 months?? Thanks in advance!

Welcome to BAR, Moses. Nice to have you in the club. I'll defer your membership question to someone who can answer it but I'd just like to say is, "grab your fragging tools and com'mon aboard"!

Western_reefer said:
Does that mean if I pay today, right now, I'll have to renew my membership in 4 months?? Thanks in advance!

Welcome Moses! I had the same question awhile back and yes, you'd have to renew in January again if you paid your dues today. Don't let that stop you from going to our meetings and learning something and meeting everyone though. :)

Western_reefer said:
I've heard great things about BAR and would like to become a member. I've heard there is a "family membership"? I'm 17 and don't drive yet, so my dad drives me around. Also, it says "Next year, a payment of $20 will be due during the renewal period Jan 1 - Feb 1,,,, The renewal process each year will be between Jan 1 and Feb 1. If you wish to remain a current BAR member you will be required to renew your dues at this time." Does that mean if I pay today, right now, I'll have to renew my membership in 4 months?? Thanks in advance!

Welcome Moses. To answer you question yes. If you were to pay $20 today to become a member you would have to renew your membership and pay $20 again in the renewal period. Family membership is no longer availible.
There are many great benefits to becoming a member including greater access to this forum and membership only events throught the year. How ever you do not have to be a member to attend our bi-monthy general meetings.

Thanks everyone!

Tumbleweed- So, if I want to attend a members only meeting, I'm already a paid member and I go with my dad because he drives, I'd have to pay another $20 for my dad even tho he doesn't really "attend"?

No he does not have to pay he can attaend because he brought you. We have a few members that do not drive and a paraent brings them to the events. For example however in our members only frag swap held in August he would not be allowd to participate in the swap but he can be there during it.

Tumbleweed said:
No he does not have to pay he can attaend because he brought you. We have a few members that do not drive and a paraent brings them to the events. For example however in our members only frag swap held in August he would not be allowd to participate in the swap but he can be there during it.
Ah, okay. :) Thanks! I'll go buy a membership now. :)

Tumbleweed said:

really? I seem to recall Nudi's dad in the picking area with Nudi during the swap? To confirm, they were only doing one pic, not going for two corals.

Welcome Moses, glad to have you on board :)

I enjoy having ambitious go getters like yourself in the club and the fact your not of voting age and still doing reefs is a super bonus for the industry and the club :)

I don't know bout letting these punk kids in.
Under 18, and having such a raunchy picture as a sig. Should be illegal.
Probably has a bunch of those newfangled lectronics on his tank,
and all sorts of subversive ideas like getting rid of under-gravel filters.

Welcome. :)

I must admit that at 17, I never had the patience for a reef tank. Kudos.

GreshamH said:
Welcome Moses, glad to have you on board :)

I enjoy having ambitious go getters like yourself in the club and the fact your not of voting age and still doing reefs is a super bonus for the industry and the club :)
Thanks! :)

:D

rygh said:
I don't know bout letting these punk kids in.
Under 18, and having such a raunchy picture as a sig. Should be illegal.
Probably has a bunch of those newfangled lectronics on his tank,
and all sorts of subversive ideas like getting rid of under-gravel filters.

Welcome. :)

I must admit that at 17, I never had the patience for a reef tank. Kudos.

LOL The only reef tank I currently have is the 28 gallon HQI Nano-Cube.

Thanks! :D

Back