High Tide Aquatics

Hello Fellow Reefers! Getting back into the hobby after a 6 year hiatus

Hello Reefers,

It's been a while since I had a fish tank and I've finally got my system up and running. My system is pretty bare right now so I'll post pictures of my first ever DIY stand and sump soon. I have a rimless 105 gallon tank and will be looking forward to learning and meeting some of you in the future. I'm still a novice to this hobby and hoping this time around I can keep up without all the causalities that I encountered in the past. Have a great weekend!

-Rodel

Sounds like fun. Look forward to meeting you.
Out of curiosity, are you going to cycle the tank without light for a time?

Welcome Rodel and thanks for becoming a member of BAR. Please take advantage of the speakers we bring in to help you succeed in the hobby. :)

I've actually been cycling my water since August in my old tank that was laying around. I just transferred all my live rock and sand into the new tank last December.

Thanks for the offer Charles. I'm definitely interested in Zoas and Palys, my tank is pretty bare right now and could use some color :)

Mike,

welcome back to the hobby! this time around seems easier now that there is so much more info available. good luck and happy reef keeping!

-Rodel

no sorry, been thru too much tank crashes my previous 100gal with COLONIES of Z's and P's and cube... also last disaster was a file fish went APE shyt on my collection, they were expensive popcorn for him lol

oh dang, that sucks. I would be crying if my collection of zoas all got lost due to a crash or what not.

By the way, whats the zoa name of the one on your avatar? I just bought a colony that looks similar to that but they guy didnt know the name of it. Mine are white but is losing some color and browning a bit. I moved him up closer to the light but it doesnt seem to be helping. Got any advice for me on how to bring this beauty back to its original state?

Back