High Tide Aquatics

Hello from Los Gatos

TheRealMadMax

Supporting Member
Hello friends! Very excited our journey to finally having our very own reef tank has finally come true. In August 2020 my now 16 year old son and I walked into Neptune Aquatics and met Robert for the first time to talk about putting together a slightly unusual fully cantilevered 180 gallon reef tank in our kitchen. Fast forward almost two years and the system is now cycling! Robert documented the build here:

Once we start to have more than just rock and sand to look at I'll start a tank journal. Robert has been an absolute rockstar to work with and has taught us so much already. A little about me and my family. We moved to the Bay Area in 1999 during the tumultuous Dotcom boom times. We have four kids from 3rd grade through a senior in high school we are an avid family of divers both cold and warm water. My two oldest boys and I volunteer with West Coast Reef check performing scientific surveys that help to monitor the health of the California reefs. For over ten years I've wanted to get into reef keeping, reading the various forums and admiring the tank of the month awards. My 16 year old son has kept a 120 gallon freshwater tank for four years now and loves to talk shop with all the Neptune aquatics staff. The entire family is really excited to learn all the aspects of creating a thriving reef tank!

We'll stop by and say hi at the Coral Farmer's Market in May.

Welcome! There are a couple divers in the club too. I just got my aow cert last weekend.
Congrats! I try to make a few club dives a month with Aquarius. They even have 6 pm night/dusk dives during the week. Finding baby octopus out hunting in the Monterrey Bay at night is really fun!

Congrats! I try to make a few club dives a month with Aquarius. They even have 6 pm night/dusk dives during the week. Finding baby octopus out hunting in the Monterrey Bay at night is really fun!
I found a baby purple one off San Carlos Beach 3 weeks ago! It had so much texture to it!

Back