Neptune Aquatics

Hello from NCRC

Hello from NCRC! I'm a long-time member of NCRC (which really doesn't mean anything except that I have foul language and I like to eat) and thought I'd walk myself over here to our big-brother club. I've been a BAR member for almost a year, but I lurk more than post.

The truth behind Alfreds post is that something happened to our site a couple of days ago, and not unlike myself he is jonesin to post some stuff but doesn't have his "normal" club to post at.....

It's OK alfred I have managed to put up 1300 posts here as well as my zillions at our other club...LOL

Roc said:
The truth behind Alfreds post is that something happened to our site a couple of days ago, and not unlike myself he is jonesin to post some stuff but doesn't have his "normal" club to post at.....

It's OK alfred I have managed to put up 1300 posts here as well as my zillions at our other club...LOL
And what makes the other club so "normal"? Oh, right, Fred's gone!
LOL

Welcome Alfred! This seems to be my second home as a fellow NCRC'er. I mostly lurk on both sites not having much "wisdom" to share :D

bookfish said:
Roc said:

And what makes the other club so "normal"? Oh, right, Fred's gone!
LOL

LOL not normal as in what is correct, more so as in the one you post at more often

NCRC is the dull looking girl I have no problem talking to. BAR is the hot girl I stutter to when she's around. :)

Thanks for the warm greeting.

I noticed that most of the 'new posts' in BAR are almost ALL DBTC threads. Over at NCRC most of the new posts are tank thread updates or random crap people find time to post about and then jokes about everything. :bigsmile:

arod2051 said:
I noticed that most of the 'new posts' in BAR are almost ALL DBTC threads. Over at NCRC most of the new posts are tank thread updates or random crap people find time to post about and then jokes about everything. :bigsmile:

That always happens before meetings, there's a flurry before the exchanges are made ;)

Mr. Ugly said:
Yah, what Jeremy said.

And now, back to our regular programming...

:D

I placed 'your' (Mr. Ugly Prostrata) coral in an NCRC swap once already. I got it in the August '09 BAR swap. I fragged off another 2 pieces for DBTC.

Nice. Sounds like it's doing well for you.

Don't be afraid to give it a lot of flow. Fine for the polyps to be thrashing around in the current.

Mr. Ugly said:
Nice. Sounds like it's doing well for you.

Don't be afraid to give it a lot of flow. Fine for the polyps to be thrashing around in the current.

Thanks for the advice. It has indirect flow from an MP40w on the other side of a 30" tank. And soaks in about 300PAR for 8-hours. There is a side with very new growth tips and has created a solid foothold in less than one month. It is such a beautiful piece. Thanks for giving it a horrid name. :D

Back