got ethical husbandry?

Hello from Salinas/Monterey

gatohoser

Supporting Member
Hello all! I'm a long time resident and reefer of the area but first time (that I can recall!) member of BAR. Just joined a second ago! Wanted to say hi and introduce myself.

I am very close to receiving a 72"x30"x24" Crystal Dynamic Aquarium 225g tank that I hope to set up as a bare-bottom SPS-dominant tank. Any tips for the best spots to buy fish to stock up be it online or in the south end of BAR's reach towards me would be great as our only real local fish store closed yesterday with Ultimate Aquarium in Monterey closing.

Here's some pics of what's to come:
20220318_205300.jpg

The stand has a removable bar built into the front so we can use this as a breakfast bar or a place to have drinks! The canopy is seen sitting on top of the stand here.
20220318_205608.jpg

Welcome to our place in space and thank you for becoming a $upporting member.
That’s some fine aquarium real estate you’ve got there
let the fun begin!
best fishes and happy reefing

Hello all! I'm a long time resident and reefer of the area but first time (that I can recall!) member of BAR. Just joined a second ago! Wanted to say hi and introduce myself.

I am very close to receiving a 72"x30"x24" Crystal Dynamic Aquarium 225g tank that I hope to set up as a bare-bottom SPS-dominant tank. Any tips for the best spots to buy fish to stock up be it online or in the south end of BAR's reach towards me would be great as our only real local fish store closed yesterday with Ultimate Aquarium in Monterey closing.

Here's some pics of what's to come:
View attachment 36746

The stand has a removable bar built into the front so we can use this as a breakfast bar or a place to have drinks! The canopy is seen sitting on top of the stand here.
View attachment 36745
Did you build this stand yourself? If so, do you have plans for it? This is awesome and something I'd love to make when my wife and I settle down in a SFH.

How long has this one been up and running? It looks amazing!!!
Thanks! It’s been up three years. It was slow to grow coral due to dinoflagellates sticking through a year of battle but they’re growing well since about 16 months or so into it. Color is still tricky to get right due to chemsitry fluctuation in a small volume. My WD has never been orange/yellow I was hoping for for example. Hopefully the new tank solves these difficulties.

Stunning 24g tank! Welcome.

If you can keep the ledge clear and not a place that accumulates reef stuff I salute you.
That will definitely be a challenge lol! I don’t know how I’m going to fit everything in this stand with no separate cabinet as I have now for my electrical and dosing. I’m trying to offload a lot of stuff into the water mixing shed on the other side of the wall. Working that as we speak!
E88F7CE6-AD84-4597-8397-B8BB93A9DD9F.jpeg

Back