Cali Kid Corals

Hello!

Hey everyone! I recently moved from MA to CA for work, and have been lurking on this forum for a while. I brought a lot of my reef equipment with me hoping to set up a new reef tank once I got settled, but unfortunately that isn't going to happen any time soon :(. I'll be posting some equipment for free or sale in a bit - space is tight here so I need to free up some space finally. Until I'm finally able to set up a new tank, I'll live vicariously through all of you!

Welcome, and you might want to look into storage locations if the equipment you have is on the higher end side of things. I mean selling used often gets nowhere close to what the new price is, so if you have to end up buying it back new then the cost difference MAY make it worth it. Of course there are lots of factors involved that only you can determine :)

But yes Welcome :)

Welcome, and you might want to look into storage locations if the equipment you have is on the higher end side of things. I mean selling used often gets nowhere close to what the new price is, so if you have to end up buying it back new then the cost difference MAY make it worth it. Of course there are lots of factors involved that only you can determine :)

But yes Welcome :)

Excellent point! I do have a few higher end things I’m hoping to hang on to, hoping I’d I’ll be able to put them to good use again one if these days! Eventually though the cost of storage starts to add up if I’m not able to do much with the equipment for a long time to come.

I hear you, the number of times I've heard someone say "It's ok to have the tang in this 40 gallon tank, I'm going to upgrade to a much bigger tank later..." and later rarely comes. If you're looking for a larger place to move into, you definitely are going to get sticker shock here in the Bay Area, as I don't think even the more affluent areas of MA cost nearly as much as it does here (I may be wrong though) but one thing there isn't here are any "cheap suburbs" that just require you to commute a bit, those went away a long time ago and are no longer cheap and often require 1-2 hours of commute time if you need to come into the Bay Area proper. :D

Definitely more expensive here than in MA, that's for sure! We managed to buy a house in SF, so I think I'm stuck with the space I have for now :). I did end up setting up a freshwater planted tank so at least I have something. Not having to find space for buckets of salt mix, QT tanks for new frags, RODI storage containers, etc., makes a big difference when you're limited on space.

Back