High Tide Aquatics

Help needed Chromis infection?

I bought two Chromis a few days ago and noticed one developed a slightly white Patch.

Did not think much of it but placed it in a small tank with a goby for now.

Today it was much worst so I fresh water dipped the Chromis but having difficulty identifying the infection and whether it would be a good idea to add him to my QT tank that currently have a pair of clownfish recovering from ick in a copper treatment. Can I potentially infect my clowns?

Please help as I am currently qt the Chromis in a bucket in the meantime.

3c36b3716a11bd11d8c94b524a0241de.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Now as to my tank, given that it has had fish in it for the first time, my thought is that the disease will likley not host on the other fish given the limited detritus that it can survive on and if I eliminate fish for a while.

If that is the case maybe avoid tearing down the tank?

Not sure what you guys are talking about

Just ignore us. Mike is usually a bit crazed this time of year. His best buddy Bum is gone. His new life coach once committed unspeakable acts hiding illegal acts of a sexual nature. The holidays multiply his humbugness. It's a sad, sad time for Mike.

I have seen this on one of my chromis'. It didnt survive long. All other fish in the tank did not succumb to it. Where are you located? BAR might have some medication to help treat it.

I have seen this on one of my chromis'. It didnt survive long. All other fish in the tank did not succumb to it. Where are you located? BAR might have some medication to help treat it.
Fish did not make it.

Infection moves fast.

Have you continued to run you tank since?

So many say they just do a year down. I don't think that's needed.

So little information on this.

Unfortunate in the hobby that we loose little living things due to not being able to ID the diseases/parasites and what not.
Sometimes when the signs show up, is a little late to try a remedy.
Human kind knows more about space than the oceans we are surrounded by...

Fish did not make it.

Infection moves fast.

Have you continued to run you tank since?

So many say they just do a year down. I don't think that's needed.

So little information on this.

All other fish are fine and tank is running.

Back