Kessil

Salty_Taste650: Innovative Marine 14Gal Peninsula

IM Hydrofill ATO is known to fail due to salt creep on the prongs. I’d highly recommend switching to the Tunze 3155 which has an optical sensor, float switch and pump timeout fail safes. I have them on all 3 of my tanks and only have needed to replace the pump every few years but they are inexpensive.
Thanks for the Heads up! Didn't know this was a common thing! Eventually will upgrade but for now I guess I'll have to give it a monthly cleaning to be okay

A way to mitigate the salt creep for some time is to shoot the ro water at the sensor to "clean" it.

+2 for the Tunze ato. I have them on both tanks too.
Thank you! Will incorporate that into bi weekly to monthly cleaning to see if this happens again

When leaving the house, will be sure to unplug ATO just to be extra cautious

Sad Day: Re added my Male Molly back in the tank with the female 2 weeks ago... Didn't go well.

I read online where other reefers said to add multiple females with 1 male Molly at the very least because the males like to get their freak on to the point where they can kill the female (hence needing multiple) I thought adding the male back in would be perfect because they could breed and I'd have a bunch of saltwater bred Mollies but things don't always workout how we would like it to be.

Male Molly would chase the female around the past couple of days but I didn't pay no mind because it didn't seem like fighting or anything.
Down to 1 Male Molly Left, RIP

Last edited:
New Addition: Killer Corals Frankenstein Bounce

Tank update:
- Re-home: Incredible Hulk Acan, (3) Croc Island Button Scolys, Many Gonzo Mushrooms
- WWC Original Bounce dropped 2 babies!

Last edited:
Livestock Update:
Randomly Found a Neon Goby in my filtration side... super random, I never bought one.

Turns out my dad picked up a couple BIOTA captive Bred 2 weeks ago and threw 1 into my tank while I was out.
I had no clue there was another fish in the tank. Must have gotten through the overflow but honestly shocked it was still alive.
Nonetheless, just made a batch of baby brine shrimp so hopefully can get it's belly nice and plump!

Last edited:
Tank was lacking some movement so I fragged myself a couple heads of Fat head Dendro's :)

Macro Update:
Still having a bit of trouble with my macros as they are just slowly dying away bits and pieces. Lost most of the Dragons Tongue, Dragons Breath also has lost orange. I definitely have enough nutrients, possibly par being too low?
Nitrate: 20+
Phosphate: 0.2-0.3
Dosing 3ml Chaetogrow bi-weekly
Dosing 1 drop Iodine Bi-weekly

FEEDBACK AND HELP IS APPRECIATED! THANK YOU

Last edited:
Tank was lacking some movement so I fragged myself a couple heads of Fat head Dendro's :)

Macro Update:
Still having a bit of trouble with my macros as they are just slowly dying away bits and pieces. Lost most of the Dragons Tongue, Dragons Breath also has lost orange. I definitely have enough nutrients, possibly par being too low?
Nitrate: 20+
Phosphate: 0.2-0.3
Dosing 3ml Chaetogrow bi-weekly
Dosing 1 drop Iodine Bi-weekly

FEEDBACK AND HELP IS APPRECIATED! THANK YOU
Have you done an ICP test? Might not have enough iron or something even with dosing.

Have you done an ICP test? Might not have enough iron or something even with dosing.
Haven't done ICP test... However, gonna try dosing Chaetogrow and Iodine weekly to see if that makes a difference, also attached macro to a magnet and put them higher up in the tank for more flow so no detritus build up!

Will keep you all posted!

Finally: Footage of Wild Mandarins doing the Mating Ritual

I've been trying to get decent footage for months now and I always scare them away in the process of pulling out my phone... It's not the best video but very happy to finally have some type of documentation that they have been mating!

Been thinking about starting up a YouTube channel but idk.... I get self conscious and nervous for those type of things lol. We will see how it goes.

Haven't done ICP test... However, gonna try dosing Chaetogrow and Iodine weekly to see if that makes a difference, also attached macro to a magnet and put them higher up in the tank for more flow so no detritus build up!

Will keep you all posted!

I've found it pretty difficult to grow macros in a pretty well established tank. There's just too much other algae and stuff taking up all the nutritent. I've had success with Chaetogro, not so much iodine. Just note, chaetogro can also bump up all the other algae and other nuisances as well.

OG Godzilla Bounce has dropped a baby :)

Croc Island Master Button Scoly has morphed colors to a yellow orange from a purple ring! I didn't even know this was possible..

Attachments

• IMG_0188.jpg
    IMG_0188.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 93
  • F0B0984D-1B76-40DE-B16E-EEBA1AD0610F.jpeg
    F0B0984D-1B76-40DE-B16E-EEBA1AD0610F.jpeg
    40.9 KB · Views: 96
  • E6961E1A-4DBF-4819-A292-EA60C7EF3A59.jpeg
    E6961E1A-4DBF-4819-A292-EA60C7EF3A59.jpeg
    41.1 KB · Views: 78
  • AAFADC3C-0178-4D66-821E-388D357A59CE.jpeg
    AAFADC3C-0178-4D66-821E-388D357A59CE.jpeg
    40 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Livestock Update: Photo Shoot

Future Livestock to add:

- Yellow Fiji Toadstool
- BeanBag Yuma
- Purple Monster Jawbreaker
- Blue Plating Sponge (Or any sponge tbh)
- Blue Hypnea
-Mangrove?
-Asia Import True Deepwater Weeping Willow

Attachments

• 329216F9-AC61-4C70-9B66-FC67B4108873.jpeg
    329216F9-AC61-4C70-9B66-FC67B4108873.jpeg
    51 KB · Views: 91
  • 8AD9FC68-AA50-4716-BCF7-19B5CDF2063E.jpeg
    8AD9FC68-AA50-4716-BCF7-19B5CDF2063E.jpeg
    41.4 KB · Views: 111
  • 4BD7B1F7-A691-4CCB-B81F-FB0FF8B362CD.jpeg
    4BD7B1F7-A691-4CCB-B81F-FB0FF8B362CD.jpeg
    53.7 KB · Views: 101
  • D011C46B-1F10-49CB-AF0A-7906E6382497.jpeg
    D011C46B-1F10-49CB-AF0A-7906E6382497.jpeg
    45.4 KB · Views: 104
  • 11E99286-1322-43F6-8504-EED7C6210445.jpeg
    11E99286-1322-43F6-8504-EED7C6210445.jpeg
    92.9 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
How do you like the accidental neon goby? Friendly with the other inhabitants? Was thinking of getting a tank bred one.
I think it's a great addition! I mean, it was stuck in the filtration area for 2 weeks without me knowing of its existence and its still kicking!
Very docile and peaceful, doesn't really go crazy for the frozen brine because it's too big, but loves white worms and baby brine. Swims all over providing movement in the tank. Only heads up is that they are small so have to feed smaller foods.

Last edited:
BIG THANKS to being apart of the community and having access to the Par Meter.

Creating an ideal aqua scape is difficult. After many trial and errors, I have finally crafted something that I am motivated to take pictures of and share now! In addition, I was able to use the club's Par Meter and found out my tank was extremely low. The very top of my tank was only getting about 50par peak day. Maybe that could be why macro hasn't been doing so well..

Last edited:
Back