Cali Kid Corals

I'm just thankful

Yesterday was my little Paulina's fourth birthday; my kids have a thing for sushi ever since they were tiny little things and barely walking; for almost 10 years, we have frequented a sushi place in the Mission District in SF; the people in the business have witnessed our family growing for the past decade, it became our favorite sushi restaurant.

We asked Paulina what he wanted to eat on her birthday, it was sushi (we kind of knew it but had doubts since the toy craze of McD and BK is almost impossible to resist)

We sat at what is one of our regular tables there, ordered (well, they eat always the same and myself too) ; the moment we walked in Miriam the waitress acted like she knew it was Pau's birthday with a complimentary dish for everyone (no sweets she said) it was kind of akward, anyway we had our food, kids enjoyed it so did ourselves, when the moment to ask for the check came, Miriam said it was OK, was already taken care of ????? !!!!! ?????? I was like She has to be making a mistake...
I waited for her to be a bit free, restaurant was getting packed and she was the only server so I thought it was a mistake and that the checks were mixed up.
I approached her and asked for our check saying we believed there was a mix up.
Nope, she said a person left a gift certificate that covered the tab, I asked for the name, none was given nor description of the person, just said to think that someone appreciates me (us I'd say) and should be thankful to God for such...

Well, thanks to that person and may God bless his/her soul; what a wonderful world still...

Thats nice, genuine people are really few and far between these days, good to see an act of kindness. Man sushi sounds good right now!

That's awesome to hear...

(I hate sushi, wife loves it, should send me a PM of the place you go, might take my wife and kids there for dinner some night)

That's awesome. Despite the news always being negative, and it seeming like the world is going to hell in a hand basket; there still are kind generous people out there.

+4

Back