Reef nutrition

Initial Water Fill Up For Tank

Still waiting on some plumbing to get my RODI system and mixing station up and running, does anyone know of any one that delivers water (preferable by tank , trying to avoid transporting bottles of waters) , would like to start the tank cycling vs having to wait for the mix station to be completed

Still waiting on some plumbing to get my RODI system and mixing station up and running, does anyone know of any one that delivers water (preferable by tank , trying to avoid transporting bottles of waters) , would like to start the tank cycling vs having to wait for the mix station to be completed
Talk to Mike @Coral reefer. Depending on location he's reasonably priced especially for supporting members. He just filled Tim's 650 gallon pico tank.

+1 on Mike, depending on your location.

You probably don't really need it though.
Hopefully you can beg/borrow a few gallon containers.
Buy some salt water from LFS.
Just enough to cover the sand bed a tiny bit.
Then get that cycling right away by adding a bit of ammonia and bacteria.

Depending upon the method of transportation (aka car), if you have a hatchback of some sort could find a poly container that fits the size of your car and just use that for transport, 50 gallons of salt water is only weighing about 400 pounds. Not sure if you can back a car into Neptunes to fill up though.

Yeah, by now, your tank would be filled if you had your rodi going for 2 days. My initial fill took 3 days and I borrowed a 2nd rodi unit to make water faster.

Back