High Tide Aquatics

Introducing myself and my build

Hello BAR members. I joined a few weeks ago but didnt intro myself so here it is with a picture. Feel free to comment. I have had marine tanks off and on since 1973. This time my display is the most intentional in terms of planning and execution. I tend toward low maintenance and low tech. Over time I have ran the gamut btwn AIOs and sumped set ups. Current set up was an IM 30 gallon AIO but I removed all of the back stage dividers to create a basic box with a glass cover. I run it with an AquaClear 50 power filter and a QQ1 bubble magnus skimmer. My internal circulator is a basic power head on a timer. Lights are two Fluval Marine 32 watt LED fixtures with a 12 hour photo period and a double tube T5 48 watt generic fixture with a two hour photo period. I run polyfilter, carbon and ceramic bio balls in the power filter and I carbon dose with the Tropic Marin product. Overall, the display is designed to minimize evaporation / rodi water use and to be low power consuming. There is an auto top off which adds about a quart of rodi per week. I dose every other day with kalk using a gravity flow quart bottle. The system is a little over a year old and will be fully stocked when my two torches and an elegance complete QT in a week. I will then have groupings of hammers, torches, duncans, flower pots and a few other pieces. Oh, there are snails, a cleaner shrimp, a tang and a pseudochromis. Thanks for reading about it.

Attachments

• 030122middle.jpg
    030122middle.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 161
I fragged a colony several months ago. I would be giving them away if I was in the Bay Area. Now I have figure out something else to do with them.
If you are driving distance, we have a frag swap coming up in Concord. Good way to share coral frags.

Back