License to krill

john's rsr350

jhuynh

so I had my artfully aka clearviewlids delivered this morning at 655am. here is a quick picture of the tsunami with 2 custom cuts for the rms mounts. going to clean up the rough edges. personally I like it. very clean

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

jhuynh

so my first care package of frags came in. waiting on the second one in early jan. ill take better pictures later when I place everything in place.

just in time for the holidays and also my birthday.

Last edited:

jhuynh

yes the mesh is replaceable. it's the same as changing a window screen.

as for the frags, they were from a local reefer who gave me a good deal on a frag pack.

my next shipment of frags will be more higher end including a walt disney and bunch of old school ora pieces. future dbtc sps.

tankguy

Supporting Member
another thing, you may want to move your photos away from the lights, long term exposure may speeds up yellowing your framed photos, unless you don't care about that and can be printed easily.
The moister from the water will destroy the pictures. Ask my ex wife why her pic are ruined and mine are not

jhuynh

just a quick update. went bare bottom and couldnt be more pleased. added a jaebo ow40 wave pump. moved some corals around and added a chalice section in my tank. letting some sps grow and encrusted some more before adding more. thinking of removing the two 8x8x4 marine pur blocks cause a fellow reefer said it leaches aluminum, but everything seems fine.

jhuynh

it has been awhile since my update. was busy with my new job. recent additions from my little brother - 32 sps frags care package: ora hawkins, ora Joe the coral, Walt Disney, fox flame, pink lemonade, and orange passion - to name a few higher end.

current parameters:
8.5 alk
420 cal
1340 mag
2ppm no3
.03ppm po4

jhuynh

not much of an update. tank is now about 10 months. been trying to lower alk to at least 8 but has been closer to 9 for 2 months. trying to do do biweekly 25% water changes with red sea blue bucket 7.7 alk levels, but still sticks at 9. not dosing anything. anyone have any other things I should look into? was going to let it go down naturally until colors on some sps browning and some has shows slow signs of stn.

alk 9
ca 440
mag 1360
no3 2ppm
po4 .003

Last edited: