Kessil

john's rsr350

jhuynh

Supporting Member
6 months growth shots. first lady in pink then tsa bill murray (top left)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

jhuynh

Supporting Member
20 days with no weekends off? That’s rough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I'm on salary. which makes it worst.

I'll post some better pictures tomorrow. took these before lights off using orange and yellow filters.

Last edited:

jhuynh

Supporting Member
finally got my new toy. media is also on it's way. too bad no time to hook it up until this sunday.

jhuynh

Supporting Member
I guess I cant hook up the reactor tonight. I am missing a piece that secures the air line hose to the regulator. @Rostato do you happen to know the thread size or a replacement for it? quick visit to HD tomorrow it is.

Last edited:

Rostato

Supporting Member
I guess I cant hook up the reactor tonight. I am missing a piece that secures the air line hose to the regulator. @Rostato do you happen to know the thread size or a replacement for it? quick visit to HD tomorrow it is.

Yikes. No I don’t. I’d look at uniques website. I’m sure they have a replacement

Rostato

Supporting Member
I had no luck at home depot earlier. luckily uc called me and they gonna overnight the piece I am missing. so far, i am impressed with the customer service.

They’ve been pretty solid for me as well. Let me know if your pump starts getting loud in a few weeks after it’s been running.

They redesigned the dosing pump and minekeeps getting loud. I have the mothership in Germany running some tests to find out the cause.

jhuynh

Supporting Member
after a few hiccups. @Rostato and uc helped me with the troubleshooting. the reactor is now alive. I also have the new gen lcd controller.

so far, it's pretty quiet except for the clicking noise coming from the solenoid opening and closing.

Last edited:

Rostato

Supporting Member
You have the lines from the co2 tank swapped. You want the line from the solenoid to the reactor to be the short one.

Is it still leaking?

And the effluent output line needs to be gravity fed back to the tank and not put pressure on the pump. I learned all this the hard way.

I had to drill a hole in the divider of my stand for that to flow freely. You’ll notice the water isn’t a constant stream out of the effluent line. It kinda bursts out with the co2 solenoid

Last edited:

jhuynh

Supporting Member
here is the area that's slowly leaking.

thanks for pointing the hoses out, I'll change it.

jhuynh

Supporting Member
I spoke with Abraham. I already sent him pictures of it. they will document it and see what a solution will be. prob send me a new reactor but we will see.

max_nano

Supporting Member
thought I lost the vivid confetti, but surprisingly its making a come back.
I forget where I first heard it, but I like to follow the advice of never removing something until it’s covered in coralline, I’ve had some amazing recoveries. Like a blasto that lost all heads but one was showing it’s skeleton, now it has a nice puffy single polyp.
Happy early birthday!