High Tide Aquatics

[Jul 11, 2015] Controlling Your Aquarium (Hayward, CA)

v1.png

Gears.png
Information

BAR will be hosting a workshop/open forum by one of the best in the aquarium controller industry, Terence Fugazzi from Neptune Systems.

Imagine this. You're going on a 3 day vacation in August and that last day turns out to be a heat wave. Your house is 100° F. Your reef tank temperature is 86°F and climbing. Your fish and coral are about to become fish stew. If you had a controller you could program it to turn on a small fan in your sump cabinet which would bring your tank temperature down AND you could tell the fan to turn off once the water temperature is back to normal. And it could send you a text message/email telling you this happened. This is just one of the things Aquarium Controllers let us do. The possibilities are endless with new controller modules and reef keeping technology being developed every year.

Aquarium controllers are capable of controlling light schedules, temperature, autofeeding, water top-off, parameter monitoring, and so much more.

Come learn how to automate and program your controller to meet your needs. We've brought one of the best aquarium controller experts to teach you about controlling and protecting your aquarium.

The Speaker:
  • Terence Fugazzi - Neptune Systems

:)This event is open to everyone, new and experienced hobbyists are welcomed. You do not have to be a member to attend, so come on by!

1429262588_location-48.png
Event Details

• Location: ROOM 2338 Chabot College in Hayward (See below for more details)
  • Date: July 11, 2015 (Saturday)
  • Time: 1:00PM
  • Map.jpg

1429262700_shopping_cart_loaded-48.png
For Sale:

• We will be selling bSi IC-Gel Reef Glue (5$) and BAR t-shirts.
    • FYI this is really good super glue. Comes with a spare cap too!
  • icgel.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone load this onto the front page?

Afterwards we'll be planning for the regional frag swap. Im planning on having a BIG ONE this year. :D

Last edited:
FYI the RSVP button is kinda buggy.

Don't let the RSVP's fool you, a mob of people are coming to this workshop. Also don't forget the number of people who lurk and just show up at events unannounced lol.

Last edited:
Can't remember if I rsvp or not, and for some reason the whole first post in wonko on my iPad lol. Really hoping to make it to this, so fingers crossed all goes as planned and I'll see y'all sat.

Much of the BOD will not be at this meeting. There is a BOD meeting scheduled for after the meeting today, if anyone in attendance is interested in helpin out with the upcoming regional swap they should consider sticking around afterwards for a little to hear about it.

Great turn out guys!!!

In addition to the presentation, Neptune Systems Staff raffled off a bunch of Magnetic Probe Holders, the Automatic Feeder System (100$ value), fish pellets packs, and some nice swag!

Thank you Neptune Systems and thank yall for coming out.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Free Raffles!!!

Thanks to BAR & @Terence for making this workshop/presentation possible!!!!

I personally thought this was a good and informative presentation, and it was neat to see so many of our members that use Neptune's Apex Controllers....

If any members out there want to, you can contact me if you have any question about your current programming of the Apex OR if you want the Apex to do some of the different types of things that Terence was talking about.....like setting up a pressing of a button and you can shut off your some of your equipment to do different maintenance procedures and then turn the equipment back on automatically, or use a magnetic switch to turn on a Sump Light when you open the door of the sump and turn off when you shut the door of your stand or lift the canopy lid the lights turn off or dim.

I currently have these Neptune products on my tank:

1 - Apex Controller (Display module, Lab Grade ORP probe, Lab Grade pH probe & Temp Probe)
2 - EB8 Power Module (Power Bar+ that you plug the equipment into)
2 - BOB Break Out Box (Used to hook up float switches, magnetic switches, push button switches)
1 - LSM Lunar Simulator Module (Used for my moon lights)
1 - PM1 pH/ORP Probe Module (Used to monitor my pH in my Ca Reactor + another Temp Probe)
1 - WXM Wireless Expansion Module (Controls my Vortech Pump and can control my Radion lights)
1 - ALD Advanced Leak Detection (I have 4 modules hooked up to the ALD, 2 in the sump one on each side of the sump, one on the Floor under the stand and one in my ATO Cabinet)
1 - AFS Automatic Feeder System (Used to auto feed the Fish and I have my return & skimmer pumps turn off during feeding and turn back on all automatically)

I also have a Apex Gold and another ALD & BOB on its way to run my RODI & Saltwater Mixing station that I am building in the garage:cool:

Depending on the type of control of the equipment you have .....the ideas can be endless....

You can also look at my programming on Reeftronics for my apex on the links in my signature...

Back