Kessil

LF Leng Sy Monti

I do. it was sold to me as the og leng sy. here's a pic dec 2020. had a little chemical warfare from a aussie tort. will show u an updated pic later today.

20201210_192602.jpg

I'm getting back into the swing of things and seeing if a buddy of mine, that I haven't contacted in the last 2 years, is still deep into sps. At one point in time we did split some very nice pieces together. The OG PM was one of the pieces, alongside the old school pink panther (both very slow growers).
He also had a legit Leng Sy that I wasn't interested in and skipped over. :p

@jhuynh Looking at that pic, it looks a bit off from what I remember. The LS has a very "thick" purple rim to it, even as a small 1" frag.

Last edited:
I'm getting back into the swing of things and seeing if a buddy of mine, that I haven't contacted in the last 2 years, is still deep into sps. At one point in time we did split some very nice pieces together. The OG PM was one of the pieces, alongside the old school pink panther (both very slow growers).

@jhuynh Looking at that pic, it looks a bit off from what I remember. The LS has a very "thick" purple rim to it, even as a small 1" frag.
im not sure currently since its on lower end par. it might be different if i had it in higher par. once i break a piece to pablo, i can try to move it.

I would agree that that may not be a Leng Sy. There is a similar piece that is similar, green base, purple rim but is closer to a M. capricornus. I'm not sure what species Leng Sy is but it definitely has a much thicker rim than a M. capricornus, it also has stems that rise from the base.

I would agree that that may not be a Leng Sy. There is a similar piece that is similar, green base, purple rim but is closer to a M. capricornus. I'm not sure what species Leng Sy is but it definitely has a much thicker rim than a M. capricornus, it also has stems that rise from the base.
totally understand both you and eric. its the same piece off cultivated reef that i got it from. https://cultivatedreef.com/product/item-151/

totally understand both you and eric. its the same piece off cultivated reef that i got it from. https://cultivatedreef.com/product/item-151/
That could be Leng Sy, or it could be a wild colony that someone put a label on it.

Personally, unless I know who I'm buying from and I trust that he knows the source of the frag he is selling, I'm hesitant to call it 'whateveritscalled'.

For eg, there is a ton of 'Walt Disney' and 'Homewrecker' out there, as well as wild rainbow tenius frags. Anyone can get a wild that has similar colors to a 'Walt Disney' and sell it as such. So now comes the tough part. Do you consider anything that has the same color as the named piece the same coral and thus is ok to have the same label?

Personally, unless the 'Walt Disney' came from Biggar (RIP) and I am confident in the source, I'm not calling it a 'Walt Disney'. This is going to stir up the hornet's nest but I think civil conversation is good even if it is a little contentious.

Back