Kessil

LFS had products being demoed...

sfsuphysics

Supporting Member
totally and completely unrealistic I realize, mostly due to space, but also due to logistics (aka cash :D) of having a sellable product not being sold and being used diminishing the value.

But I can still dream!

Even if its not a dedicated area of the store, how many times have you seen equipment out in the open? You could say what type of reflector is on the tank, what brand/kelvin/wattage the bulb is, when the bulb was installed, what pump it is, I've even seen skimmers in a visible sump area, why not toss a few different models in just to give people a feel for how much foamy goodness (I know cost issue).

Just had the thought after seeing all the skimmers Chris was selling, and having absolutely no idea about any of them as far as pumps, how they foam, etc. Not that I'm in the market for a skimmer but it would be something worth seeing, whether its a cheaper skimmer or a more expensive one.

Money commitment as well. Most retialers have tens of thousands in standing stock, if not more. To stock a store decently you're looking at like a 1/4 million bucks.

The aquarium on Lombard St. "Fish fish and more fish"? had clear plexi stands on some of the set-ups and you could see all the equipment running

Back