Cali Kid Corals

Livestock for a 32.5 Fluval flex

Hi fish fam!

I’m currently working with a Fluval 13.5 with a clownfish and a variety of inverts and corals. I’d love to upgrade sometime this year but I’m not sure what tank I’ll end up with. I’ve considered innovative marine AIO systems and the Fluval 32.5 flex. I will probably go with the Fluval 32.5 because the cost for the AIO with the stand and lighting is so much more affordable than anything else I’ve seen. I’m still new to the hobby and only growing easy corals so I don’t need anything crazy. I also don’t want to run a sump because I live in a 700 square foot apartment and I don’t have time for that.

For stock i’m thinking my original clown, three pajama cardinals, a yellow watchman goby and a variety of CUC critters when the time comes.

My clown is quite aggressive so I would add the other fish first and allow them to acclimate before moving her over. Does this seem feasible? From what I’ve read pajamas and watchman goby are very peaceful so I anticipate I won’t have problems with them. All fish suggestions welcome

I’ve attached some pictures of my current tank
DDE8F231-9642-4D42-BB5D-F2543E797D8A.jpeg
425B32A0-C05C-431B-B4B6-105DBA31DBAD.jpeg
3484F632-E364-46BB-8A6E-9658BC3D5C58.jpeg
8B2E82CD-DA5F-4ED3-98C7-F17B9ADAB062.jpeg
7D7CBAAB-15E1-4953-9ED3-5D2D42D875DF.jpeg
BAA8ABA2-5E05-4F14-B423-948BA04972CA.jpeg

image.jpg
image.jpg

Corals seem to be growing alright under the Fluval 13.5 stock light and I know the 32.5 has upgraded lighting so I assume that will help. I’ve had the tank up and running for about 10 months now and this is my first go at keeping an aquarium.

Nice...did you glue some of your frags on the plug upside down or purchased that way? Clowns are usually aggressive toward other damsels fish.

Nice...did you glue some of your frags on the plug upside down or purchased that way? Clowns are usually aggressive toward other damsels fish.
Hey Arnold! They were purchased that way haha. Aw man, I really wanted he pj cardinals. Maybe I’ll just leave the evil clown in the 13.5. Any other fish suggestions?

Since you’re going to upgrade and want new fish. Add the more timed fish first and the most aggressive fish last. Your clown can live in a 5 gallon bucket if need be. They are very hearty.

Hey Arnold! They were purchased that way haha. Aw man, I really wanted he pj cardinals. Maybe I’ll just leave the evil clown in the 13.5. Any other fish suggestions?
I have two clowns, one is crazy aggressive, and a pj cardinal in a 29g biocube. They are territorial to be specific, they won't hunt something down until it dies, just mean enough to protect their corner of the tank.... And bite the crap out of me anytime I touch the water.

Everyone ignores the watchman goby in the tank.

I have two clowns, one is crazy aggressive, and a pj cardinal in a 29g biocube. They are territorial to be specific, they won't hunt something down until it dies, just mean enough to protect their corner of the tank.... And bite the crap out of me anytime I touch the water.

Everyone ignores the watchman goby in the tank.
Haha that’s good to know! Yeah my clown bites me every chance she gets too

If you want a new system, Aquatic Collection puts Aquatop Recife tanks on sale during almost every holiday sale for really cheap. They come in 24 and 40 gallons. I have one of the 24s and it’s a nice little tank. I think the 24 goes on sale for $325.

They come with tank, stand, light, return pump and protein skimmer. Just add a heater and a ATO and you’re good to go.

The light isn’t going to grow SPS corals, but should be good for softies and LPS. You can always upgrade the light later too.

If you want a new system, Aquatic Collection puts Aquatop Recife tanks on sale during almost every holiday sale for really cheap. They come in 24 and 40 gallons. I have one of the 24s and it’s a nice little tank. I think the 24 goes on sale for $325.

They come with tank, stand, light, return pump and protein skimmer. Just add a heater and a ATO and you’re good to go.

The light isn’t going to grow SPS corals, but should be good for softies and LPS. You can always upgrade the light later too.
Woooah this is good to know!! Thanks I’ll check them out

Back