Reef nutrition

Marcos’ Red Sea Reefer 425 XL

Hey guys, I got this setup from another member on here and I set it up and let it run a few days for salinity and temperature to remain stable and I moved over the two Ocellaris Clownish and the Blue Tang that were in a 75Gal I had. It’s a little bit of an upgrade for them but the tang will go into an even bigger tank that’s being custom built at the moment and expected to deliver in July. This is kind of a budget set up but I’m planning to go all out for the bigger setup coming soon.

Tank: Red Sea Reefer 425 XL
Lighting: Two Nicrew HyperReef 150
Powerheads: Two (Currently only 1 in pic) MP40s
Return Pump: Sicce Syncra Pro 5500
Protein Skimmer: AquaMaxx FC-120
Filter Roller: Clarisea SK3000 Gen 2
Heater: Eheim Jager 200W
Sand: Caribsea Special Grade
Rock: Caribsea Life Rock (Shapes, Arches, Shelf)

I added TurboStart 900 to the tank and introduced the fish so I’ll be keeping an eye on parameters. I’m curious to see how much PAR output is on the lights to see if I’m able to grow anything.. As far as stocking idea does anyone have any recommendations? Let me know if you guys have any advice!

Attachments

• IMG_3462.jpeg
    IMG_3462.jpeg
    52 KB · Views: 83
Hey guys, I got this setup from another member on here and I set it up and let it run a few days for salinity and temperature to remain stable and I moved over the two Ocellaris Clownish and the Blue Tang that were in a 75Gal I had. It’s a little bit of an upgrade for them but the tang will go into an even bigger tank that’s being custom built at the moment and expected to deliver in July. This is kind of a budget set up but I’m planning to go all out for the bigger setup coming soon.

Tank: Red Sea Reefer 425 XL
Lighting: Two Nicrew HyperReef 150
Powerheads: Two (Currently only 1 in pic) MP40s
Return Pump: Sicce Syncra Pro 5500
Protein Skimmer: AquaMaxx FC-120
Filter Roller: Clarisea SK3000 Gen 2
Heater: Eheim Jager 200W
Sand: Caribsea Special Grade
Rock: Caribsea Life Rock (Shapes, Arches, Shelf)

I added TurboStart 900 to the tank and introduced the fish so I’ll be keeping an eye on parameters. I’m curious to see how much PAR output is on the lights to see if I’m able to grow anything.. As far as stocking idea does anyone have any recommendations? Let me know if you guys have any advice!
I have the same lights over my 300
5 of them, 96”-30” footprint
24” tall
So far so good

I watched a review online of these lights, they seem to work great. Personally, I wouldn't worry too much about par. Keeping temp, salinity and alk stable are much more important imo than getting the perfect par (which there isn't a perfect par). Set the lights to the manufacturer recommended height and turn them up to 70ish% and you'll be great for the first year or two, or more.

Back