Neptune Aquatics

Mars nano

So this is a new journal for my kids 12 gallon nano.

This tank has been running for over a year and it is skimmer less. It has a finnex hob fuge I put on the side and a cheap chinese return pump with a diy ato , current usa eflux wavemaker and a ai prime hd.

The fuge does what it needs to do to keep nutrients down.

The only inhabitants is a 1 inch radiata lionfish 2 snails and some hermits.

Corals

Purple hornets, spongebob, fire and ice, sunny d, wonderwoman, rasta, vamps in drag, pink hearts, star polyps, green nepthea, gold hammer, unhappy space invader pectina, bam bam, tyree toadstool.

I have a black widow nem in there that I'm hoping splits. This tank is 100 times more stable then my larger system. First time I did a water change in a year was yesterday I changed 50 oz of water. Besides that all I do is top off and clean glass .

I put all the frags from the swap in it and all my sps since I know that the sps will probably die in my large tank. I need to add 1 more wave maker and another frag rack. This tank I built myself.
bcbd7e936fe0c490c62a5603eb246934.jpg
70c4e0a5801cceff5c877e31f8299dce.jpg
332d0768275630d207a18c5ddcdbed58.jpg
469af458152cf5b08a87bd90d73d2379.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Looks very cool!! Fun project.

I set up an aquarium for my kid a while back. Fun, but he lost interest.

The real problem was his FRIENDS. Fingers and who knows what went in that tank.
A suggestion is a solid hard to remove canopy, especially given that you have a venomous fish.

My daughter is 12 and my son is 8 they like looking at it and cleaning the glass. They know not to put their hands in it because it can potentially cause them harm. And I like that it requires very low maintenance.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Back