Reef nutrition

Max’s frag tank

max_nano

Supporting Member
Did you hook it up to your controller yet? Khg can be connected to any controller.
I’m living the uncontrolled life right now. GHL profilux mini should be on the way. Vinny from GHL has been helping me with my order cause I’m getting accessories and some things won’t work with the mini yet.

My heater has its own digital thermometer like an inkbird, the radion has its schedule, and I turn on the supplemental led bars in 3 minutes then off at 6. All my pumps are DC so they have feed modes on their controllers. It’s a good test because the P mini has half the outlets as the apex, but I think I had been wasting outlets before.

I ordered a 0-10v breakout box for the GhL and a 0-10v power supply and I’m going to be able to ramp my aliexpress light bars with that. I’m excited to try out all the new GHL stuff

ofzakaria

Supporting Member
The red with yellow centers was from @tankguy and I’m going to DBTC it once it’s a little bigger and can be cut. I’ve becoming a big Goni fan recently, I want to try and get some of the glitter and multi color ones eventually
Yeh neptune got some really nice ones, I was planning on stopping buy and get some.

ofzakaria

Supporting Member
I’m living the uncontrolled life right now. GHL profilux mini should be on the way. Vinny from GHL has been helping me with my order cause I’m getting accessories and some things won’t work with the mini yet.

My heater has its own digital thermometer like an inkbird, the radion has its schedule, and I turn on the supplemental led bars in 3 minutes then off at 6. All my pumps are DC so they have feed modes on their controllers. It’s a good test because the P mini has half the outlets as the apex, but I think I had been wasting outlets before.

I ordered a 0-10v breakout box for the GhL and a 0-10v power supply and I’m going to be able to ramp my aliexpress light bars with that. I’m excited to try out all the new GHL stuff
Yeh been there, at some point I remember getting 2 EB8 only tonite like 4 outlets only...

max_nano

Supporting Member
Yeh neptune got some really nice ones, I was planning on stopping buy and get some.
They had some pink frags when I was there a little while ago, I got one and it’s staying pink so far. I’ve heard they can shift to red

max_nano

Supporting Member
My upgrade is going to have to wait. I’ll be moving to SF and I won’t be able to keep a tank that big, luckily I will still be able to have a tank. Just smaller.

If anyone is interested in the 90 gallon cube with aluminum 8020 stand and a closed loop I will be posting it for sale soon on the FS page as a package deal, just the tank and plumbing, or just the tank. I’m bummed, I was excited for this closed loop and lots of space.

max_nano

Supporting Member
I think my limit is going to be 25 gallons but I’ll know more soon. So my plan is to keep using the frag tank I have, but I might upgrade and get something a little shallower but larger footprint. So now the acrylic vs glass debate begins as I look towards custom. Since it will be small the cost and weight factors of glass are slightly less of a concern for me. After seeing the great work on ATOs for @Rostato Im tempted to work with plastic builders to do a shallow frag tank but I’ve seen their sump pricing at Neptune and it scares me haha

after gawking at the shallow tank near the register at Neptune, and having my new 12” depth frag tank I like the idea of going shallow
FAD4646D-CBA9-44F1-A78E-F285F635E724.jpeg

max_nano

Supporting Member
Tank journals get the good and the bad news.
Last night Harry “the fairy” Houdini went over the overflow trying to get down to his bachelor pad in the sump. I had just put a filter sock around the drain pipe and he didn’t survive in the sock.
Sad day

Meshmez

Supporting Member
Tank journals get the good and the bad news.
Last night Harry “the fairy” Houdini went over the overflow trying to get down to his bachelor pad in the sump. I had just put a filter sock around the drain pipe and he didn’t survive in the sock.
Sad day
How did he make it down there? Fit through the teeth in the overflow box?

max_nano

Supporting Member
How did he make it down there? Fit through the teeth in the overflow box?
Yes. Initially I had thought there could be a chance it jumped and was lucky to get down in the sump since they aren’t covered. But since I found it in the sock it must have been sneaking through the teeth and down the drain pipe. I found it in the sump 3 times before this, I just didn’t think when I put the sock in

max_nano

Supporting Member
This nem is looking wild after a big meal, I think it must have started splitting then stopped. There are small “polyps” growing close to the mouth.
Are they called a polyp, tentacle, arm, leg?
E8BC9374-E887-4E94-B394-309ACD01DB6B.jpeg

max_nano

Supporting Member
Cleaned the frag tank up today, I’m gonna take some pictures and write up my plan for moving it all to SF when I have time later. I got a lot of stuff glued to plugs so they can be secure in the egg crate when it’s time to move. I also moved the montis to lower light because they didn’t seem happy directly under the radion. I’m excited to get this light off the euro bracing and actually use the ceiling mount. Plus my new aio frag tank just shipped so I’ll be able to get that setup going sooner than I thought.

12B1A1E9-699E-42C2-9D66-641CA857045F.jpeg

max_nano

Supporting Member
Alk is finally getting down to 9, which is when I was planning to start dosing. But I’m probably going to move the tank this week so I don’t need to complicate things further until I get to my more permanent setup. I like the multiple data points the khg provides, I find the increased slope when the dkh was between 10.5-9.5 was really interesting. I think I was somewhat buffering the tanks alk by adding new live rock and frag plugs with such a small total water volume
F828EDC2-F53A-4869-AF1C-3A615FB39B43.jpeg

Meshmez

Supporting Member
Alk is finally getting down to 9, which is when I was planning to start dosing. But I’m probably going to move the tank this week so I don’t need to complicate things further until I get to my more permanent setup. I like the multiple data points the khg provides, I find the increased slope when the dkh was between 10.5-9.5 was really interesting. I think I was somewhat buffering the tanks alk by adding new live rock and frag plugs with such a small total water volume
View attachment 16862
Out of curiosity, are you able to plot ph on the same graph?

max_nano

Supporting Member
Out of curiosity, are you able to plot ph on the same graph?
I will be in the future. Currently I don’t have the pH probe plugged in. I felt it would be better to leave in the packaging than set it up a week before moving. I’ve been running without an apex for about a month now. Just got the GHL profilux mini set up and I’ll write it up in the new journal I’ll start when I get the new frag tank

ofzakaria

Supporting Member
I will be in the future. Currently I don’t have the pH probe plugged in. I felt it would be better to leave in the packaging than set it up a week before moving. I’ve been running without an apex for about a month now. Just got the GHL profilux mini set up and I’ll write it up in the new journal I’ll start when I get the new frag tank
I think there is a way to pull the ph reading of the khg. Forgot how..1

Meshmez

Supporting Member
The reason I ask is I have seen my alk rate of consumption change with ph, so was wondering if it was related to yours as well