Jestersix

Max’s 30 gal

I
I saw a golden panda mollie or something like that at petco the other day. It looked pretty neat
They are all good looking to me when I see them eating algae from my DT :D. But I do always check the fresh water sections for good looking mollies to then convert to salt down the road.

I

They are all good looking to me when I see them eating algae from my DT :D. But I do always check the fresh water sections for good looking mollies to then convert to salt down the road.
I was tempted by some of the lyretail ones, but I was worried they wouldn’t handle my tanks high flow. Do you have a lot of flow in the tank you have them in?

i'd give a small foxface a try and relocate the fish later when it grow.
Yeah definitely an idea I might try if other approaches do not work. I just would prefer to avoid doing that unless I had a tank already arranged for it to move to. Plus I hate trying to catch fish with a net, especially with the limit free space this tank has to corral it. I recently got a hawkfish that was too territorial and getting it out was a pain, but eventually I tricked it with food.

Flow could be an issue.
Do you have a lot of flow in the tank you have them in?

I consider it high flow. I run two mp10s facing each other on mid level power setting short pulse and a moderate/average return pump flowing. All this in a IM20 with the back chamber removed.

They are kinda dumb too. An example I have noticed is not swimming away from bullying the first couple weeks.

I do not have experiencing trying to net them in a DT so can't say how tough it would be.

Flow could be an issue.

I consider it high flow. I run two mp10s facing each other on mid level power setting short pulse and a moderate/average return pump flowing. All this in a IM20 with the back chamber removed.

They are kinda dumb too. An example I have noticed is not swimming away from bullying the first couple weeks.

I do not have experiencing trying to net them in a DT so can't say how tough it would be.
Interesting, I may give that a shot then. How many do you have in the 20?

So far I have a pair of clowns and a lone banggai in the 30

If they’re dumb like you mentioned they would probably fall for the food trick I used on the hawkfish.

I always use a baster when feeding and I just used the tip of the baster to lure it into a clear acrylic box I had in the tank

Just one mollie at the moment. Also an old clown, 1 year old-ish Royal Gramma and a Golden Neon Goby
That may be the move, I had also read they can be prolific breeders so having a pair could lead to more. But again, with the high flow I’m not sure their babies would make it. But I saw someone mention finding baby mollies in their overflow

That may be the move, I had also read they can be prolific breeders so having a pair could lead to more. But again, with the high flow I’m not sure their babies would make it. But I saw someone mention finding baby mollies in their overflow
You will have no problem unloading those babies, I will be willing to take your babies if you have too many.

My molly babies didn't make it - died in DT, seemed exhausted by flow. The adults are really dumb and seem to be getting bullied by my clowns.

2 months of growth on the rr Aussie gold tort from @Coral reefer

D3D2647B-2F24-40A5-B1D0-FE1BC3631EAE.jpeg
BA77E0DB-296B-47B3-ADDB-2B343380E0A7.jpeg

This timeline is pretty cool on @BARcode

I can see all the pictures I’ve posted with time stamps. Way easier than the mess of folders I have in iPhoto for each coral.
7C84EAD7-28F2-4B1D-8ACD-DCD4322E8F5F.png

Tank has been chugging along, I had gotten a lot of algae but have resupplied CUC and did manual removal. Here’s a full tank picture I got last night. Once the algae is back in control I’ll be more likely to take pics again
D4D308ED-C214-4DF5-89E1-A09DBF13E6BE.jpeg

Alk 9.1
NO3: 0-.2
PO4: .07

going to reduce 2 part dosing to let alk come down closer to 7-7.5 since that is the alk my new salt water mixes to. I will also set up nitrate dosing this week or weekend to prevent bottoming out, I will just set it to dose a very small amount and see what impact that has over the next few weeks.

Left side
CEF36157-6D7A-4B32-BA19-3A14B0D71A70.jpeg

right side
22D8B502-209C-4467-A741-A77952EBAA4B.jpeg

Been off the forum for awhile but wanted to update this thread and provide some Dbtc updates since I can’t post in the sub forums

tank has been doing well for awhile. I had neglected testing for a bit which resulted in the alk creeping down to about 5dkh but I slowly got it back up to 7-8dkh

Right now I am dosing kalk and some 2 part due to the kalk requirement getting close to the evaporation. My kalk is set to dose all day but it will stop if my pH goes over 8.35

EDFCB737-24EB-4CF2-922F-7F46FAACF289.jpeg
A5AF008C-A30E-4D33-ADE6-7B3B16CD7882.jpeg
B01F5DDE-5F32-46D8-830F-68A09D999C09.jpeg
F204E835-23B4-4B75-A6DC-B725C35AA1D0.jpeg
1A7F7E75-3054-4C92-A3D9-AA4FABFA9086.jpeg
EE1BCD25-73BF-4483-A390-18DD9A4BC3C8.jpeg

DBTC Sunkist chain started by @Baykes but I believe I got my frag from @Corallus
It got big then split but the split split again so I have this one big one at the front of the rock and about 4 little babies on the backside. Once theyre fraggable I’ll have a couple for the chain
E226ADBA-619E-4196-B921-785A68FE6E31.jpeg

DBTC Rainbow poci from @NanoCrazed
This had grown into a big chunk but I started to have STN after making a change to the tanks flow. I fragged it into smaller pieces and spread it out and it’s been doing well since
348E6D35-C4DC-46D5-9CB3-B16B2B455CD4.jpeg

The tank has been doing well over the last year and I’m happy I need to start trimming some corals. The right side of my tank was taken over by the Duncan coral so I recently rescaped that side and put the duncan on top of a fast growing monti cap.

I saw the recent thread on testing and dosing and wanted to share the results I’m getting with testing salinity and alk while dosing ATI 2 part.

IMG_2885.jpeg
IMG_2886.jpeg
IMG_2884.jpeg
IMG_2887.jpeg
IMG_2888.jpeg
IMG_2890.jpeg
IMG_2892.jpeg
IMG_2891.jpeg
IMG_2894.jpeg

Back