Kessil

Max’s 30 gal

i would totally rotate that G4 so you fully utilize the light spread end to end ?
Yes I think I’ll be doing that today. I put the radion on a very low intensity version of coral labs AB+, and I’m just waiting on the par meter but it’s been moving so slow so I’m not rushing to adjust the lighting. I am also going to mod the other light bar today because I was successful in wiring the other one to be dimmable with my GHL stuff. I have enjoyed the dark blue I can get with just the dimmed led bar at night and early morning, I know it’s pretty unnatural but wow it makes the zoas glow

Pictures, the best part of a tank journal
pink blasto is pissed off! I think it might be getting too much flow bouncing off the front glass. This has been a hardy but finicky coral for me, I can’t seem to get it happy
BB730564-F5CA-4CC5-9505-3B7C67AE9DF0.jpegD7D300C3-EF6F-4566-AEC7-8F613513E653.jpegB28CB5F5-174D-40C6-A5A7-4DE0840F8D1B.jpeg

Got the radion turned around for a more logical orientation. But I messed up something on the led bars while connecting them to the dimmer power supplies
AD38DB62-526A-4EA6-AFA3-85FEE3846192.jpeg

The display end of the tank under whites now that Mobius makes it easy to crank them up. And this is why I keep it blue...just my preference. I do want to find a balance and have more cool white mixed in since my led bars provide a lot of blue
E57D8C3C-BCD7-4E12-97BA-DB6C0DA2C3AA.jpeg

Nope, I still got them. And both are dimmable now. I meant I want to try and bring more white light to the spectrum since it’s super blue currently

Can you post the driver info? I’d like to try control my light bars as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So I used this driver to replace the included power supply: https://www.rapidled.com/0-10v-dimmable-nano-driver/

I cut the cable from the light right before getting into the old PSU which let me keep the water tight connection piece. Then I connected the + & - to the driver, and connected the 1-10vGHL breakout box to the GHL and the dimmable driver. And now I can control it with the 1-10v control on the GHL.

Now I am not sure where I messed up but the intensity is inverted so 100% is as dim as they go, and 0% is full brightness. And then I still have to use the power bar to turn off the lights because they can not be dimmed off.
2202184D-408D-4F48-8B0B-0978AC173D22.jpeg

The acros are all a bit harder to photograph because they’re on the rack still, but I tried holding them in the tongs for pics. Shaky camera and tongs made that hard but they’re looking good! The PC rainbow from @tankguy has a cool green hue to it and the blue Millie from @Coral reefer has some awesome PE in the flow. I’m excited to get the BC order and dive deeper into the acro world. I have to get the khg setup though. I’m am manually dosing and using the Hanna for now. The KHG needs to be higher than the tank and needs a sturdy surface so I need to find a good box to raise it up with and then I can get back to alk being tested every 3 hours.

Wild table
B55C40F9-0845-484F-9D0E-FD3F7A2C2DA9.jpeg

pc rainbow:
BB554D94-F81E-404E-9C0B-F377C575E97E.jpeg
C9696806-979F-4D83-9E11-EB921FD5E970.jpeg

Blue Millie:
C45C2086-0842-435E-A1FE-B24BB5E20165.jpeg
94235541-174E-4F8F-9061-049A1248A367.jpeg

Tested alk and it was 7.6 so I dosed 6ml of All for reef and will test later to see its impact. I’m thinking I’ll aim for 8 since that won’t be far from the TMP salt I have and it’s in the range for all for reef.

5 hours later and I’m at 7.5 so I’m going to dose another 6ml and test in the morning or later tonight.

I believe all for reef does take some time to become available as alk in the water, but I’m not entirely sure since chem is out of my wheelhouse. There is also the possibility of testing error, but with it showing a lower value after dosing I feel comfortable dosing some more, plus the max dosage for my tank size is 25ml so I’m safely below that.

Keep in mind the precision on the Hanna is +- 0.3dkh.
Good to know, 6mL was what I had been dosing daily for the past few days and I had been at 9dkh so when it didn’t increase at all it after a daily dose it makes me think it is time to increase the dosage, doubling it may have bee aggressive but we will see when I test tomorrow.

I now want a deep see viewer magnifying glass after checking out my green acro from Neptune with my phone zoom, the little polyps are so neat

A357AC34-246C-495E-BDCF-0D595BD5D9B7.jpeg

I ended up dosing 18mL Friday which had me at 8dkh Saturday morning, then I dosed 5mL am and 5mL at pm yesterday. That got me to 8.1 this morning so I dosed 5mL and will do 5 again tonight and see if it is at 8 tomorrow morning. I’m going to try and setup the doser, but not having a sump limits my options for doser placement....

8.1 again this morning so I will continue with 10mL/day spread out over 2 5mL doses. Adding the battlebox and a monti tomorrow will throw this off but at least I have a starting point.

I think I found a temporary place for the KHG and want to set that up today, I just have to be careful with the line that takes the sample since I don’t want to have it create a siphon and drain my tank onto the floor.

KHG has been installed. I had it run the static testing and recalibrated it with the reading I got from my Hanna. I will probably do the calibration again next week once it has been running more consistently. Next step is installing the doser so I don’t have to continue manually dosing

KHG has been installed. I had it run the static testing and recalibrated it with the reading I got from my Hanna. I will probably do the calibration again next week once it has been running more consistently. Next step is installing the doser so I don’t have to continue manually dosing
1 day running is more than enough unless tubings been stored while wet for a long time

Back