Neptune Aquatics

Max’s 30 gal

Looks good! I'm thinking of making something similar with magnets so I can remove the panels easily. I think I'm going to need to make it pretty low to block the light, so might interfere with maintenance.
I have 4 thumb screws to undo which isn’t too bad, and I figured out a way to do it solo without having it fall into the tank. I don’t foresee a need to take it off, but I’m interested to see how you do it with magnets.

Full spectrum, or at least a G4 pro with everything at 100%
8D2098C2-B579-426D-A817-895CC009491A.jpeg
A1461534-F887-483D-B120-D6AD6202A6BD.jpeg
6D531416-B846-414E-BBE6-2F0A697DA690.jpeg

It looks really good! Make me one ;)
Check out @Gablami ‘s build thread on R2R. They used primed plain trim to build theirs. It’s what inspired my build and seems like a great way to do it with inexpensive materials.

I ended up getting something different solely because the big electric saw for cutting wood materials at Home Depot was out of order the day I went, and I couldn’t fit that trim in my car without getting it cut to size. I put mine together with nails, screws, and some .75”x.75”x36” ‘rods’ of wood to frame. The paint does a great job at covering the mistakes! Like the pieces I cracked when trying nails before switching to screws.

lights aren’t on yet but it looks like the RR Wolverine stn’d at the base last night. I kept pushing off doing the water change, I hope it wasn’t because of the PO4

lights aren’t on yet but it looks like the RR Wolverine stn’d at the base last night. I kept pushing off doing the water change, I hope it wasn’t because of the PO4
*RTN. It’s a goner, and it had just started to branch out a bit

Water has been changed. I’ll test later to see what’s going on

I added another Nero 5. I now have the 2000gph gyre shooting flow across the top water. Then the neros are on opposing sides pulsing at each other.

I had the single Nero 5 running a pulse up to 90-100% power, and it was starting to cause one sided flow. With the addition of the second one I can now modify the schedules so it isn’t always a wave coming from one side.

I have also been trying to reduce the surface area of rock on the bottom of the tank to allow detritus to flow around more. I’ve been tilting rocks on their sides so they don’t sit on their flat sides. I’m seeing a lot less trapped detritus so hopefully it is being sent over the overflow and into my filter pad to be removed.

I’m really happy with the tanks status right now. I’ll get some pics later and add them

Back